"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

So, what happens if I am so addicted to reading the posts on this hatch-a-long, and to watching my baby chicks hatch and grow, that I can't get any of my other work done? I keep sitting down to do it, and I can't stop thinking about chickens!

[COLOR=333333]@weegarden My April hatch update:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]Apr. 3 10 out of 11 hatched 6 white silkies and 4 Plymouth rock[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]Apr. 13-15, in my classroom 8 out of 11 hatched. So, we have 2 white silkies and 6 Plymouth rock X any other rooster winner. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]April 24-25 Out of 15 eggs, hatched out 7 Plymouth rocks and one blue silkie.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]Set 55 eggs, that are due to hatch on May 2nd, but will have plenty of infertile, due to one rooster who is not doing his job. (Yep, I pitched a ton of these. I have 18 left.) Should hatch on May 3[SUP]rd[/SUP].[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Exchanged the infertile black ameraucana rooster on Apr. 23rd, so I’m excited to be getting some chicks from my very nice black ameraucanas. The breeder was super nice about this, and I got to visit his beautiful farm again! Gorgeous!!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]I found out that my Easter Egger rooster, in another pen, is also not fertilizing. He is old, and produced plenty of beautiful chicks, so it might be time to put him out to pasture. He was hatched when my daughter was in my first-grade class, and we have had him ever since. He was the reason we built our first chicken coop, and got the bug bad.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]J[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] His name is Cock-a-doo-doo.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Found out that the rooster my students named Mikey, is a girl! The first-graders had a great laugh over that![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]April Total Count: 26 chicks. 17 Plymouth Rock and 8 white silkies, and 1 blue silkie.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Ready for the May Hatch-a-long to begin! Hoping for some better numbers this month. :) I really want some more silkie babies badly! Praying for at least 1 baby from my beautiful show girl Princess, who layed her first egg in a very long time, and it is fertile!!!!! Yippee!!!![/COLOR]
j

Think how many people would like to feel passionately about something, or anything! We just happen to be passionate about birds and eggs, it is a beautiful thing! Think how your students will remember the experience forever and that is an amazing gift.

Quote: I understand that too. I don't really know, she can contact the seller and talk to her. Myself, I always send extra eggs. So far once an egg arrived cracked but it was due to the handling of the eggs and this was several years ago. I now pack my eggs differently. (example)

I just added 4 Rhode Island reds to my babies.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
I meet my "dealer" at the store looking as well.

:lol:

I have them advertised on another poultry site Irish fowl And no intrest There is people all over Ireland on it and uk Hopefully someone will buy afew
I hope someone buys him!!
I've hatched a lot of chicks out lately. I have one last hatch in the incubator.
Wow that's a lot of chicks!!
Looks like black australorp hen. I have a few breeding pairs for sell right now in lower al. Here's a young pullet on my daughters shoulder.
Australorps are beautiful but that one's an RIR, you can see the red and different colored legs :) the heritage ones are way darker than production reds. And actually, looking at Google, I think that image might even be taken from Cackle Hatchery's website? http://www.cacklehatchery.com/rhode-island-red-bantams.html

Back
Top Bottom