"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Ok nevermind the guessing game.. either u yall r too slow or im too excited ...... ok maybe im too excited my fifth americauna top hat baby is out and another is pipped :D

Ok nevermind the guessing game.. either u yall r too slow or im too excited ...... ok maybe im too excited my fifth americauna top hat baby is out and another is pipped
big_smile.png

woot.gif

I have names for two of my hens, and for one of my chicks. Red is my darkest production RIR, and she's red... so she's Red. Blondie is a very white RSL, and White didn't seem to fit her. Thanks to Benny who stuck the name in my head, I have a chick named Balut. If I name any more of them, the next two will probably be John Travolta and Olivia Newton John. That way, when they become the main characters in grease, it won't come as a surprise.  

:lau

So far nothing is happening with my 15 eggs. Day 21 started about an hour ago. I usually have eggs hatching on day 20, so I am hopping everything is going to be ok. I really want to open the bator & "check" but I am resisting.

On another note,I am taking the day off work on Friday to go see my Mom. She's 79 ( 80 in July) and has been really sick since the end of March. She's been in & out of the hospital (UTI) then allergic to the meds they put her on. She hasn't been eating or drinking much and is doing much worse. Prayers are appreciated!

So far nothing is happening with my 15 eggs. Day 21 started about an hour ago.  I usually have eggs hatching on day 20, so I am hopping everything is going to be ok.  I really want to open the bator & "check" but I am resisting.

On another note,I am taking the day off work on Friday to go see my Mom.  She's 79 ( 80 in July) and has been really sick since the end of March.  She's been in & out of the hospital (UTI) then allergic to the meds they put her on.  She hasn't been eating or drinking much and is doing much worse.  Prayers are appreciated!

:hugs

Well of the 3 pips they still look the same as when I checked in the window at 1030 last night. I did wake up to a surprise EE hatch that I hadn't even noticed pipping. now... Tapping fingers impatiently for the 3 pips to progress and then signs of life from the other 17 eggs....
jumpy.gif

Well of the 3 pips they still look the same as when I checked in the window at 1030 last night. I did wake up to a surprise EE hatch that I hadn't even noticed pipping. now... Tapping fingers impatiently for the 3 pips to progress and then signs of life from the other 17 eggs....
jumpy.gif
Give them time. I had a silkie hatch 60 hours after being pipped and most of mine take 24 hours after pip to zip. I dont know why everyone says it only takes 12-18!

Back
Top Bottom