"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Quote: Quote:

I have one of those smaller waterers; maybe 32 oz. or so. How many drops should go into the water. Some of the chicks also have pasty-butt. So, there are probiotics in the water. Can I combine the vitamins and the probiotics?
I would give it the drop right into it's mouth. You want to make certain it gets it, and the right amount.

So far nothing is happening with my 15 eggs. Day 21 started about an hour ago. I usually have eggs hatching on day 20, so I am hopping everything is going to be ok. I really want to open the bator & "check" but I am resisting.

On another note,I am taking the day off work on Friday to go see my Mom. She's 79 ( 80 in July) and has been really sick since the end of March. She's been in & out of the hospital (UTI) then allergic to the meds they put her on. She hasn't been eating or drinking much and is doing much worse. Prayers are appreciated!
Sending prayers to you, you Mama and your family. Hopefully spending some time with her will raise her spirits some.
hugs.gif

Waffles is a duck.

If these two hatch they will be Biscuits & Gravy.

Your eggs look GREAT! And Waffle is super cute too! I can't wait to meet Biscuit and Gravy (best of luck hatching duckies!!!!)

I am impatiently waiting for a sign of life with my duck eggs. I just don't think this incubation has gone very well, I have no scientific data to support that though other than large air cells. I am 18 hours away from "due date" and nothing is happening. I am just going to leave the house and walk away!

Your eggs look GREAT! And Waffle is super cute too! I can't wait to meet Biscuit and Gravy (best of luck hatching duckies!!!!)

I am impatiently waiting for a sign of life with my duck eggs. I just don't think this incubation has gone very well, I have no scientific data to support that though other than large air cells. I am 18 hours away from "due date" and nothing is happening. I am just going to leave the house and walk away!
Duckies can be frustrating. When they pip they take ages to finally hatch. This is my second batch of them. Last batch I only got 2 out of 8. I'm hoping for better luck this time although having 3 that pipped is already doing better than last time.
Good luck with yours and I hope you get some duckies out of it.

Was not expecting this today. Bantams hatching on day 19. 6am Actually eggs were placed in incubator @11 am on Sunday April 10th. Assuming it took a little time for them to internally heat to the incubators temp. I will research it, but if anyone has an opinion, will the "early" hatch cause any issues with chicks? One chick has hatched 2 pics are of same chick. 1 other egg has pipped. It is the close-up of the egg lower right corner of egg is tip of beak sticking out. Shell is from first chick that hatched. Brooder is ready, should I remove chick and allow it to dry there? Humidity is high. Only going by condensation on window. I have water in water channels and a had a sponge. I removed sponge when removed shell. 9:45 just checked and now one other "full size" egg is pipped!!! Called off work today!!!!
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
barnie.gif

Was not expecting this today. Bantams hatching on day 19. 6am Actually eggs were placed in incubator @11 am on Sunday April 10th. Assuming it took a little time for them to internally heat to the incubators temp. I will research it, but if anyone has an opinion, will the "early" hatch cause any issues with chicks? One chick has hatched 2 pics are of same chick. 1 other egg has pipped. It is the close-up of the egg lower right corner of egg is tip of beak sticking out. Shell is from first chick that hatched. Brooder is ready, should I remove chick and allow it to dry there? Humidity is high. Only going by condensation on window. I have water in water channels and a had a sponge. I removed sponge when removed shell. 9:45 just checked and now one other "full size" egg is pipped!!! Called off work today!!!!
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
barnie.gif

celebrate.gif
Bantams typically hatch early. There shouldn't be any issues. This is why we usually do lockdown on day 18. Just in case some early birds make there grand entrance. Leave the chick in the bator to dry.

Back
Top Bottom