Sprouting? Help...

Pics
The article KL references is the one in my signature. TikkiJane has a lot of good info. You can ferment what ever feed you are currently using for your flock. And yes, start out with your bucket not very full, until you get a good idea how the stuff reacts, so you don't have an overflow. I find the smell of FF to be pleasant. My GS who has some sensory issues gags at the smell of it. Hubby is not at all fond of it. During the winter, I ferment by my wood stove. In the spring/summer/fall, I move it to my garage.

My RIR started at 19 weeks... my Plymouth Barred Rocks started at 20ish weeks and my Orpington Buff was last at about 22 weeks old. There is five of them and most days there is 5 eggs and sometimes just 4... The RIR has the largest eggs (1.8 oz) and I can only tell because her shells are the darkest. The rest are still around 1.5 - 1.6 so medium size... I suspect in time they will all get bigger. I was seeing small blood spots in several of the eggs in the beginning but now they all seem to have cleared up.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gaby:woot

Back
Top Bottom