Squab escaped at 3 -4 weeks

Glad it came back for you. Just wanted to mention that it doesn't look like any wood pigeon I remember seeing (admittedly it's been a longg time though). It just looks like a common feral pigeon to me:)
Yeah I’m starting to think he’s just a regular! No pink down on chest. He’s a big boy though. Just ate more and his poops have returned to normal. Is there a way I can tell if he’s actually boy or girl?

He returned! Is there a way I can tell if he’s actually boy or girl?
That is terrific news happy for you and your pigeon too.

In sexing a pigeon first exclude the middle toe and disregard it. If the two adjacent toes from the middle toe are the same length it is female. If one is noticeable longer it is male.

Handling different birds you develop and instinct and in some case you know the gender just by it's personality.
That being said their are few fanciers that "NEVER" made a mistake when it comes to the gender of a bird.

One sure way is if it lays an egg it is female. :)

Check out this link:

Last edited:
Thanks! I believe he’s a boy. Since his outdoor excursion he’s become a lot more misbehaved and confident, flaps a lot and screeches louder. He was far tamer and more subdued before- guessing being outdoors and able to fly anywhere gave him a boost! Will keep him in regardless until he is old enough.

Back
Top Bottom