Squatting! !!!

caeti21

Chirping
Jun 12, 2015
Florida
Ok so i was reading threads on here and read about squatting i was like wth is that?!? Yep i didnt know about that and im anxiously waiting for my first egg from my 5 hens three of which i got a little over two weeks ago that were already supposed to be laying ( as you can see from my other posts desperate times call for desperate measures lol) any ways i watched a video of what hens squatting was and of course i had to go out asap to try and the ones i that weren't yet in their coop for the night did it!!! Im super excited and my faith has been renewed cause let me tell ya every time i go out there in hopes to find an egg left me thinking more and more that all my dang hens were broken but now my fingers and toes crossed !!

If they are squatting, then they are either already laying or soon to lay. My three year old hens still squat for me sometimes - I don't have a rooster, so they think it's me!

If they are squatting, then they are either already laying or soon to lay.  My three year old hens still squat for me sometimes - I don't have a rooster, so they think it's me!

Well three of my hens i got a little over two weeks ago were already supposed to be laying and they haven't yet so i wasn't sure if i was mislead but two of them were squatting and chatting so im glad for that , the third was not happy with me trying to touch her and she clucked away im sure not saying nice things, anyways then my other hen that has never laid an egg was squatting when i itch her back some ssoooo im hoping to be seeing some darn eggs soon

Sometimes a change in scene is stressful, and they will stop laying for a little while because of that. I'm sure they'll start again soon.

I read it could take up to 6 weeks for them to start laying again so today I got some layer booster for their water its vitamins and electrolytes I'm hoping it will help

Ahh never mind lol i dont think they molt that early well i havent read about them molting that early anyways. Maybe alittle extra protien might help.

Oh good , i was a little worried, i haven't read to much on molting , years ago when we had a bunch of chickens it was non stop eggs for years so i dont think i ever read to much into molting then either but now we only have a small flock i think it will be more noticable so i guess i need to read up on it and learn what signs to watch for , thanks for bringing it up through for sure cause they are getting close to that stage

Sometimes a change in scene is stressful, and they will stop laying for a little while because of that.  I'm sure they'll start again soon.

Do you think the vitimins with electrolytes will help with the stress of them moving?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom