Squeezing the Poo out to sex?

SweetLilRachy00

Songster
14 Years
Oct 30, 2007
Simpsonville, SC
I was watching "Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe" on the Discovery Channel and he was at a chicken farm or somewhere and they were squeezing the poo out of the chicks to sex them.

How do you do this without hurting them? And what am I looking for?

I have to say you are one adventurous person to be squeezing poo out! J/K I hope it works, I have been wondering the same things myself.

Gosh, I wouldn't try that!!! Those guys are old pros who know what they're looking for... and even THEY get it wrong 10% of the time. I don't think it's that easy!

Interesting
wink.png

Well first you would have to go be professionally trained at a chick sexing school.

"It’s a little-known fact that the world’s best chicken sexers come almost exclusively from Japan. Poultry owners once had to wait until chicks were five to six weeks old before differentiating male from female (the sex became visible when adult feathers started appearing, on the basis of which cockerels and pullets could easily be distinguished). But for commercial egg producers it’s important to identify the females as soon as possible, to avoid unnecessary feeding of unproductive male chicks.
Enter the Zen-Nippon Chick Sexing School, which began two-year courses training people to accurately discriminate the sex of day-old chicks on the basis of very subtle cues."

From Here

Back
Top Bottom