Squishy crop, sour crop?

Ok so what do you think her diagnosis is. I gave her the scrambled eggs and yogurt because they said that's what I should feed her instead of grain if she has sour crop, but I dont think its sour crop. If it is coccidiosis what should I do

She has eaten grain early this morning and passed it but the crop was still squishy. For dinner we gave her scrambled eggs and unflavored Greek yogurt with live cultures. I also put a bit of apple cider vinegar in her water. I will update in the morning
Let us know what the crop feels like in the morning. If you are feeling of it after she's been eating/drinking, then the crop will feel a little firm or squishy depending on what she's had.

Photos of her poop from overnight would be good.

She is eating and drinking good but I felt her crop again and it feels softer than it was yesterday

She is passing the food though and her breath dosent stink. I dont know what the issue is, and I dont know how to treat it. I dont even know if I should be feeding her a special diet or normal feed

She is eating and drinking good but I felt her crop again and it feels softer than it was yesterday
But it was Flat/Empty this morning right?

Now you've felt her crop and she's been eating right? You should feel food/water in there.
The crop is like a pouch which holds food and water waiting to be processed/digested. Birds will fill the crop during the day and it should be relatively full at night, but it empties overnight. Having something in the crop during the day when they have been eating/drinking is normal.
Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom