Squishy crop, strange poop

No, dipping her into warm water will just cause stress. It's important to reduce her stress, not create it. She needs sugar to boost her glucose. You can add electrolytes if you wish. These will prevent her from going into shock from this ordeal. Probiotics merely increase the microbes in the intestines. That is not her problem right now.

Good that the vet gave her fluids. It's extremely important she be hydrated. Dehydration would complicate her situation. Be sure she has water where she can easily drink it, and add the sugar.

Place her in a quiet, dim place with no activity going on. She needs perfect calm and quiet. After you've given the calcium tablet, popped right into her beak, leave her alone until you check on her in the morning.

One teaspoon of sugar to a cup of water with a pinch of salt and baking soda and you have electrolyte water.
No egg yet. I gave her the prescribed meds, water and supplements again already this morning. She was playing around with her food but not eating until I added in a seed mix. She ate a small meal.
I don't know where to go from here. How long do I wait before knowing she simply won't pass the egg?

Back
Top Bottom