SSH-Silver Spangled Hambugs~Advice?

They are sweet but mine are bantams.
wink.png

Quote from Hendersons breed chart:
very economical eater; likes wide range; less tolerant of close confinement; high flyer; very flighty; spritely, active, avoids human contact

Thats accurite in my experience with this breed.​

I had some once and they were skittish and loved to fly. However, I did have one that got broody and raised a family which is unusual for the breed.

Mine are a bit skittish, but I think they are pretty cute... I love the dots. They came from a breeder as adults and they haven't been handled much. So far I got 1 chick from them and hoping for more.
fl.gif
Here they are.
DSC_0765.jpg

DSC_0685.jpg

Last edited:
I raise Bantam Hamburgs, and think they are a fantastic breed! They are a bit flighty, but if they are raised by hand, they are just as tame as any other breed.

reallemons1, your birds are very pretty, by the way
smile.png

I hatched 2 Golden penciled Hamburgs in July. (Out of 8 shipped eggs-most didn't develop.)

They were never cuddly but they did come running for treats in no time. They were ALWAYS on the move looking for bugs. The roo wasn't at all aggressive. The roo was unfortunately killed by a hawk. My father-in-law, who grew up on a farm in the 40s, loved the rooster and he says he has never cared for a rooster before.

My little hen lays an egg almost every day.

I have a dozen on the way for the bator.
tongue.png

Heidi8.jpg
This is Heidi, my oldest hen but she was sold to a pet home down in St Louis.
Gretl07.jpg
This one is Gretl....she is a real sweetie!

Graceful, if I can get some of your banty eggs
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom