Ssss

Humaira

Chirping
May 25, 2018
Hii I want to know is this is harmful or anything serious,I can't explain about what I am talking about so I am attaching a picture with this forum so please check that picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20181202_201108_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20181202_201108_HDR.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 21
Hii I want to know is this is harmful or anything serious,I can't explain about what I am talking about so I am attaching a picture with this forum so please check that picture.

No He's molting (FEATHER shedding) and new feathers coming give him boiled eggs daily for extra protine kick

Can you post a better, more in focus picture? Get a clear shot of the area, and one or two of the whole bird? I'm not sure this is molt, or entirely molt. What are the small yellowish things at the base of the feathers? How old is the bird? How many birds do you have and do any others have issues? What do you feed, including treats? Any other symptoms? The small bit of foot and leg I can see looks like you may have scaly leg mites going on. Have you checked it over thoroughly for lice/mites? This may help you with that:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/poultry-lice-and-mites-identification/

Can anyone tell me what should I use as bedding for his coop to prevent smell and keep it clean.

Can anyone tell me what should I use as bedding for his coop to prevent smell and keep it clean.
You need to respond to Coach's questions... I also disagree about that looking entirely like molt... It does NOT look like molt to me. It looks like an injury or something.

Some mites are microscopic so you will NEVER see them. Others only come out to feed on the bird and so you may never see those either. The ones that you can see are often concentrated around the vent area, easier viewing after dark with a flashlight.

Please... how many other birds do you have in how much space. Are they male or female?

Most people use pine shaving or rice hulls or hay for bedding. You prevent smell and keep it clean by scooping and replacing as needed.

Adding your location into your profile can help others make relevant suggestions more easily at a glance without having to ask... since things in the states are not the same as other locations as far as what is available and such. ;)

Just here to help... no judgement meant in any question or statement. :fl

there are plenty of choices for bedding -- where are you located? here in florida i have been using sand, sawdust/wood chips and in one area a big compost pile, leaves, grass and table scraps; open your own question in the bedding area and I am sure folks will provide help!

Back
Top Bottom