St. Louis Missouri

We're from the Edwardsville, IL area raising our first chickens. Don't have my coop built yet, but figured I've got a few weeks. DW might have her own profile on here too.

As far as the Cardinals, I hope to take the kids to a few games this season. Wife and I were lucky to be in attendance for 2006 World Series game #5 when they won. It was deafening!

Hey! I'm in St. Louis (Maryland Heights). And we used to have a flock of seven, but had to give up some roosters. Now we only have 2. We had three last night, but Pinwheel past away. Now I just have Gizmo (wcb Polish pullet) and Jemina (Blue Silkie Roo). I am devastated over Pinwheel, she had a severe case of sour crop, and today I was getting all the supplies to treat it.. I woke up and she had already passed.
hit.gif

Sorry to hear that BooeyBird!
sad.png
Sounds like you deeply care about your birds which I find admirable.

DW and I made the big trip to Lowe's and started assembling our coop. It'll be a modified Witchita Cabin Coop with a little more space in the run.

I am in Webster Groves. I need a vet recommendation. Thanks in advance.I have a 1 year old hen who apparently cracked her beak today. She has stopped eating and is lethargic. How can I help her eat?

The crack is near the nasal passage and runs across the beak. Sorry, it is not a pretty photo.

I am in Webster Groves. I need a vet recommendation. Thanks in advance.I have a 1 year old hen who apparently cracked her beak today. She has stopped eating and is lethargic. How can I help her eat?

The crack is near the nasal passage and runs across the beak. Sorry, it is not a pretty photo.

Sorry to hear of the injury but I personally wouldn't spend money on a vet for a chicken pet or not and considering the beak is broken I don't think you can fix it. Chicken for dinner may be your best option unless you can't bring yourself to do that which some can't. For future reference if you ever have a chicken with an open wound isolate it and put pine tar on it. It works wonders. Good luck.

booey, how are your other 2 birds doing? I hope all is well!
They are doing great! :D Gizmo just started laying on Easter now that the weather is warm. We just got 3 more chicks to add but that's the limit for this neighborhood so we can only have up to 5. We decided to keep the rooster this time since it seems we always end up with a roo no matter what. So as of now we have:
wcb Polish hen, speckled sussex pullet,white ameraucana pullet, blue silkie roo, and a blue silkie x cochin bantam cross (unknown gender). I was wondering how big we should build our new coop for them? We have a coop and run right now but it's too small so how big should the new one be built?

Back
Top Bottom