St. Louis Missouri

Actually the limits for St Louis county are 4 hens and no roosters. But if your neighbors don't care what's it matter. I had a neighbor throw a fit when I got my hens and put up a 7 foot vinyl fence. Wouldn't have wanted to pay for that. Just don't run a fowl of any neighbors and I am sure no one will bother your over abundance of chickens. Remember all it takes is one complaint for the county ordinance guys to show up so be careful.

Where in the county ordinance does it say that? Because we did plenty of research before getting chickens and nowhere does it say anything about a limit for unincorporated St. Louis county.

In fact, here is the county ordinance straight from the handbook:

Chickens (Unincorporated)
In unincorporated St. Louis County, residents are allowed to keep chickens on their property as pets, but may not breed them for sale or sell any of their bi-products (i.e. eggs). Residents who elect to keep chickens on their property must abide by SLCRO 611.210 and not allow the animals to become a public nuisance. Residents who live in a municipality must check with local ordinances before keeping chickens on residential property. Residents who live in a subdivision should check with their subdivision’s indentures and by-laws for regulations concerning chickens.
SLCRO 611.210 Dogs, Cats, Puppies, Kittens and Other Animals Creating a Nuisance--Prohibited
Contact: St. Louis County Department of Health, Vector and Veterinary Control Division
(314) 615-1630

And here is a link to the handbook:

http://www.stlouisco.com/Portals/8/...unty resources/Ordinance Guidebook 4.7.11.pdf

The chicken ordinance is on page 12. Nowhere in the handbook does it say there are limits to how many chickens you can have. I think you must mistaking a municipality ordinance where you live with the county wide ordinance.
smile.png

Just be careful, chicken math can be a real problem. ;) And if I were you I'd keep a copy of the ordinance on hand because if your neighbors decide to complain again the police might not be aware of the law either. Happy chicken keeping!

Back
Top Bottom