St. Patrick's Day and First Day of Spring hatch-along 2019!

Cyprus

Master of the 'never give up' attitude
Jan 19, 2018
My Coop
My Coop
Hello and welcome one and all to the 2019 St. Patrick's Day and First Day of Spring hatch along!
St. Patrick's day is March 17 2019
The first day of Spring is March 20 2019

Here are the set dates for as many species as I can think of:
*set dates are one day more than expected incubation length because the set day is day 0
St. Patty's:
Chicken: Feb 27
Duck: Feb 17
Muscovy: Feb 10
Guinea: Feb 17
Goose: light breeds: Feb 17 Heavy breeds: Feb 10
Chukar: Feb 18-19
Pheasant: Feb 17-19
Peafowl: Feb 12-14
Turkey: Feb 14

First day of Spring:
Chicken: March 2
Duck: Feb 20
Muscovy: Feb 13
Guinea: Feb 20
Goose: Light breeds: Feb 20, Heavy breeds: Feb 13
Chukar: Feb 21-22
Pheasant: Feb 20-22
Peafowl: Feb 15-17
Turkey : Feb 17

Have fun hatching and good luck! :) :jumpy

Cyprus

I bought from two different farms.. One has a mix of midget white/ blue slate birds. The other has a few different breeds together as well (Royal Palm/Black Spanish/Bourbon red)… So I guess these are all technically "mutts'. We are just starting out putting more of a focus on turkeys. I am hoping to get some pure heritage breed turkey eggs as more folks have them available this spring.

These are due to hatch Sat March 16.

I would really like to get some Lavender Orpington or Black Copper Maran chicken eggs to hatch for the first day of spring. Not sure hubby would be happy if I spent money on more chickens. He's okay with us doing turkeys this year.

I'm a little early, but trying to time for the school kids to hatch in class. Set eggs today - 5 sapphire blue egg layers (CCL x LH), 17 Exchequer LH that are shipped eggs (I have wanted xchex for a LONG time, hope we get some to hatch!) and 4 of my own Iowa Blue eggs for fertility check. We'll be a little early, but joining in, anyway for some (almost) St. Patrick's Day eggs.
Eggs 02-21-2019.jpg

One of my January chicks supervising the setting.
ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Back
Top Bottom