Staggered hatching Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Home from work tonight and starting to assist. One egg had pipped through a blood vessel in the egg and hasn't made it through the membrane yet. The other two had both internally pipped. I opened the air cell so I could keep an eye on the blood vessels and assist if needed. The one on the right is close to ready the other two need more time.
1582336355874.png

Saturday am and we lost the one that pipped through the blood vessel. The other two are both out and doing well. Wreaking havoc as we speak. They are still playing in the incubator while they dry off. Then tonight I need to clean it and disinfect and the next set of eggs will go in on the 26th for hopefully a leap year hatch. Not holding out much hope though seems like they only want to hatch late this year. Looking into another thermometer that is more accurate to get better readings and keep the other ones honest lol.
1582381793551.png

Saturday am and we lost the one that pipped through the blood vessel. The other two are both out and doing well. Wreaking havoc as we speak. They are still playing in the incubator while they dry off. Then tonight I need to clean it and disinfect and the next set of eggs will go in on the 26th for hopefully a leap year hatch. Not holding out much hope though seems like they only want to hatch late this year. Looking into another thermometer that is more accurate to get better readings and keep the other ones honest lol.
View attachment 2032803
So sorry you lost one, but YAY! 2 healthy chicks! I am wanting to candle since day bedore yesterday but I can’t seen to manage it. My 6 month old won’t sleep unless it’s in my arms.

We will now have a short intermission while I clean out the hatcher for the next group to hatch. Instead of classical music we thought baby chicks would be appropriate.

Will be candling tonight and moving to the hatcher on the 26th.

Ahw, they are so cute! I also bought those little rings to keep track since i’m staggering this year. It’s the first time I’ll be using them.

I finally got to candling! I woje up in the middle of the night and ever so gebtly put the baby next to me and he kept sleeping! I was so excited!

so, I candled all the eggs in the bator. My 8 cream legbars are all developping and moving nicely. They’re at day 14 today.

Out of the 12 araucana there seem only 4 to be developping and i suspect they’re all from the same hen since they have the same size. The breeder doesn’t cut the feathers around the vent so fertilization isn’t the best. He told me bedorehand, but I’m kind of disappointed with the results anyway... I hoped for half at least and from some different hens...The two marans eggs are also clear I think, but I’ll be giving the marans and araucana some days extra since they were only on day 5. Hoping for a miracle.

Back
Top Bottom