Staggered incubation Nurture right 360

Smoothann

Chirping
Mar 3, 2022
I have a Nuture right 360 and use the dry hatch method. I have a specific hen I want to hatch as many eggs as possible from right away. She's the only one I have in her coloring, personality and breed that is still laying. Unfortunately her sister is no longer laying and I am afraid she will stop soon, too. (they're around 4 years old) So, I would like to continue her line. She lays around 4-5 eggs per week. I typically do not put eggs in the incubator if older than 7-8 days. I was thinking about doing a staggered hatch but I am not sure if that would work in the 360? Start 5 eggs on Sunday, another 5 next Sunday? I am not sure how else to maximize this hatch without a second incubator. Is this even possible?

I have a Nuture right 360 and use the dry hatch method. I have a specific hen I want to hatch as many eggs as possible from right away. She's the only one I have in her coloring, personality and breed that is still laying. Unfortunately her sister is no longer laying and I am afraid she will stop soon, too. (they're around 4 years old) So, I would like to continue her line. She lays around 4-5 eggs per week. I typically do not put eggs in the incubator if older than 7-8 days. I was thinking about doing a staggered hatch but I am not sure if that would work in the 360? Start 5 eggs on Sunday, another 5 next Sunday? I am not sure how else to maximize this hatch without a second incubator. Is this even possible?
it is possible but not the best since you would need to stop turning the 2nd batch of eggs on day 11, you could turn by hand the rest of the time but most say the last week isn't as important to turn them. So opening during lockdown which is fine but I don't like to open it multiple times a day once eggs pip in order to turn eggs. Then you will also need to bump up humidity at least once they pip till they hatch. Then you could bring it back down for a few days till the 2nd batch pips but you will need to take some water out in order to do that. I have done a staggered hatch but they were around 4 days apart so it wasn't as bad and did work out well but think that is about as far as I would do it apart.

Rather than purposefully have a staggered hatch I would advise to collect about 10-12 eggs, storing them no warmer than 12 and no cooler than 5 degrees centigrade, turning them twice a day in a cool and rather humid place.

Then put them all together in the incubator at once.

I successfully hatched eggs up to 4 weeks old, provided they were stored and treated correctly.

it is possible but not the best since you would need to stop turning the 2nd batch of eggs on day 11, you could turn by hand the rest of the time but most say the last week isn't as important to turn them. So opening during lockdown which is fine but I don't like to open it multiple times a day once eggs pip in order to turn eggs. Then you will also need to bump up humidity at least once they pip till they hatch. Then you could bring it back down for a few days till the 2nd batch pips but you will need to take some water out in order to do that. I have done a staggered hatch but they were around 4 days apart so it wasn't as bad and did work out well but think that is about as far as I would do it apart.
Was that in the 360 or a different incubator?

Back
Top Bottom