Standard White Cornish chicks and eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by cathleenr, Aug 11, 2016.

1. cathleenr

cathleenr In the Brooder

Sep 2, 2014
    western washington
    Have 4 juveniles (about 6 weeks old) and 8 eggs in the incubator, hatching between August 18 and August 21.
    Juveniles are local pickup only (western washington) but I will ship day-old chicks and hatching eggs.
    Beautifully square and sturdy, these birds will provide an excellent balance of light to dark meat and a high meat to bone ratio.They are pastured and free forage.

Juveniles are $25.00 each and eggs are $40.00/dozen. Day old chicks $8.00 each and ship with BioGel to addresses, not P.O.Boxes, on Mondays or Tuesdays.

Straight run. Photo is of the parent rooster.[​IMG]

2. SouthernMama

SouthernMama Hatching

Nov 7, 2016
    Apex, North Carolina
    Do you by chance have anymore?

3. cathleenr

cathleenr In the Brooder

Sep 2, 2014
    western washington
    My best rooster is recovering from a dog attack...doing well and I expect him to be 100% in a couple of weeks.My hens are laying, but I don't know if they are fertile yet.
    I do have a small wait list for them, but I would be happy to add your name.
    -Cathleen

GregClark38 likes this.
  4. GregClark38

GregClark38 Chirping

Apr 16, 2014
    West Virginia
    I am looking for some White Cornish also, DO you still ship chicks? thanks

5. cathleenr

cathleenr In the Brooder

Sep 2, 2014
    western washington
    I do ship chicks, but not during the heat of the summer. I will have some in October, or I can gather eggs now and ship them.

6. GregClark38

GregClark38 Chirping

Apr 16, 2014
    West Virginia
    Where did you get your start with them if you don't mind me asking. How much for chicks?

7. cathleenr

cathleenr In the Brooder

Sep 2, 2014
    western washington

I began with some starter birds from 2 breeders, one had chicks that were shipped and I don't recall from where ATM, the other was was within driving distance (150 miles) of me and I picked up older straight-run birds. Out of that group, I have a great rooster, very fertile and with good conformation. He does have rust spots on his shoulders, though so I am trying to only use his chicks for meat or crossing with my Chanteclers.
    I have another young rooster I am proving who has pure white plumage and I have higher hopes for his offspring. I have a few eggs incubating now, so far one has hatched.
    I'll give him a few more weeks of breeding time before turning off the incubator.

Chicks or eggs are $10.00, plus any shipping.

GregClark38 likes this.
  8. bellmare

bellmare Chirping

Oct 20, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Cathleen... hoping I can still catch you here! Do you still sell hatching eggs? I'm desperate for White Cornish for my kids to raise with their agriculture group (like a knock-off of 4H). We ordered some White-Laced Reds, but honestly I can see my kids getting frustrated with the technicality of the coloring when they decide to show them. :)

9. WLRCornish

WLRCornish In the Brooder

Feb 24, 2018
    Cathleen are you planning on having hatching eggs, chicks or adults available for spring 2018. Very much interested, I have my own strain of whites but looking for some new blood. Thank you.

Kessel23 likes this.

10. Cluck Kent

Cluck Kent In the Brooder

May 5, 2014
    Upstate, South Carolina
    Cathleen, I would be interested in purchasing some chicks or hatching eggs as well if you have any available.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by