Start off right with your rooster; respect their status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Certainly. I think that some roosters are naturally calm, but some are calm because of how you act with them.
smile.png

Absolutely LOVE your avatar BTW.
big_smile.png

Seems Joe is starting to do his hi-falutin' rooster dance now... Calm down big fella.

roll.png
Guess it's time for the 'ignore' switch to go on.​

You might as well.

Quote:
Whoohoo! A rooster saver!
big_smile.png

Anyways, I think that a big part of the reason they don't attack you is the fact that you're not scared of them. You don't see them as a threat and they don't see you as one.
smile.png

LOL!!--Maybe I should change my name from "Goatlady" to "Roostersaver"? Got to admit, it does have a nice ring to it! T

Oh, am I not nice because I think you're an overbearing know it all?

lol.png
yuckyuck.gif
Oh man.....that post had me laughing pretty hard.
Anyways, *ignore* *ignore* *ignore*

Terri O:
Your comment also had me laughing, but in a much better way.
big_smile.png
RoosterSaver does have a nice ring to it.
smile.png

Last edited:
Joe I treat my roos the same way, it amuses me to give them a treat and let them call the hens over acting as tho they did something magical. They get respect and affection and personal space and we dont ever have issues. They come running when they see me step out of the house and wait for me to drop the treats for them to give the girls, and they never even look sideways at my small boys....even tho more than once the boys have givien in to "little boyness" and chased the roos. I think ur 110% right.

ETA: Even if agreeing with you makes me "NOT nice".

Last edited:
Oh Sparkles...I KNOW you are nice (and you make really good jam too!) Pretty soon this topic will get locked down! I for one, want to see what Chookschicks comes up with for her poll on roosters! Terri O

Quote:
Ahem....I totally agree that that technique works just fine, and you are 'nice' agreeing with him. Certain people were just saying things that are much less than nice.

Quote:
lol.png
yuckyuck.gif

Terri O:
big_smile.png

I rarely agree with Joe, but I'll make an exception here. Because his suggested method of dealing with roosters has worked for me as well. Not 100%, but at least 85%.

This was a very civil discussion about dealing with roosters. It deteriorated because discussion became outright agression.

Quote:
lol.png
yuckyuck.gif

Terri O:
big_smile.png

I rarely agree with Joe, but I'll make an exception here. Because his suggested method of dealing with roosters has worked for me as well. Not 100%, but at least 85%.

This was a very civil discussion about dealing with roosters. It deteriorated because discussion became outright agression.

Exactly. I was being civil, but then he calls me an "overbearing know-it-all" for simply sharing my own experience/opinion. I assume that you're saying his comments were the "aggressive" ones, because I really hope that mine weren't aggressive in any way....I don't THINK they were. I found his comments quite hurtful.

Let's all just try to forget his less than civil comments and continue with the discussion.
smile.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom