Started Two New Quilts in Recent Days

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by speckledhen, Jul 27, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

One is a "design as you go" type but based on a similar one I saw in a very old quilt magazine of mine--that is the pic below.Was in the mood for pretty, cheerful spring colors. The other is made from extra material left over from the Paint Box Stars top I did and sent to kathyinmo.

[​IMG]

***the colors in my camera are so off! The center star has black surrounding it, but it almost looks brown, and the bars are more purple than they look in the pic. [​IMG]

2. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    Nice work! You and Ms. Prissy make me tired, always doing lots of stuff. I can't wait to see the finished quilt--what size?

3. speckledhen

You know, I'm not sure what size it will be, either of them. I guess I'll find out when I'm finished, LOL.

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I really like it! [​IMG] It's good to know that someone else plans the same way I do. [​IMG]

5. Beautiful, will be watching to see it grow!! When canning season is over I vow to get quilting again!! [​IMG]

6. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    [​IMG]..so bright and cheerful!!..just can't go wrong with stars!!

7. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Very nice! I can't keep up with you! lol. You're always working on another quilt! [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

I think I need to trade a table runner or lap quilt for firewood this year. [​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

Oh yes, you can trade quilts for firewood.....I bet there are plenty of folks that would love to have a quilt on their lap being warm in the winter!

10. speckledhen

I'm making two table runners with some of the blocks from the Paint Box Stars kit rather than something larger. Here they are in progress.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by