Starting a hatch September 21....hatch along?

Congrats! Great pics too. I can't wait. I have some with a broody and some in a bator. The incubator is such a worry for me--- I prefer to let my hen take care of this. Enjoy your new babies.

Congrats! Great pics too. I can't wait. I have some with a broody and some in a bator. The incubator is such a worry for me--- I prefer to let my hen take care of this. Enjoy your new babies.
yeah my hen just went broody and i just put a bunch of random eggs a couple of days ago i candled them for the last time and to out the eggs that did not developed and left the ones that did so out of 12 eggs 3 have hatched and one already broke the shell i took 3 that did not develope

yeah my hen just went broody and i just put a bunch of random eggs a couple of days ago i candled them for the last time and to out the eggs that did not developed and left the ones that did so out of 12 eggs 3 have hatched and one already broke the shell i took 3 that did not develope

I have a total of 15 that I bought. I put 9 in the bator and 6 under my broody. She was on a nest in the coop and the next day she has another egg & I have no idea which one I bought and which one a hen added (not the broody's as it's not her color). So I moved her nest into a cage. Thought that would settle it but over the next few days my little girl laid two of her own. Not sure how the difference in time will hurt the hatch but I let her keep her eggs so she is on 9 too.
As much as I want a 100% hatch I really don't need 18 chicks going into winter.
roll.png

Since most the eggs were Welsummer & Maran I can't tell how I'm doing----just waiting. I should have learned more about weight testing eggs. Too late now.

well that happens ive found a couple of extra eggs woth her and i have removed them cause they wont hatch even iff they form after a couple of days she will stop sitting on them and if they do hatch the older chicks migth kill them

well that happens ive found a couple of extra eggs woth her and i have removed them cause they wont hatch even iff they form after a couple of days she will stop sitting on them and if they do hatch the older chicks migth kill them

really a few days will make that big a difference---- I wonder if I put them in the incubator for their lockdown if I can save them??? Hmmmmm
hu.gif

Okay, I am officially on lock-down for my incubator eggs. I am all set up. The humidity has jumped to 68% with the washcloth I put in. Should I keep it at 68% or should it be higher? I keep hearing about drowned chicks and I don't want to do that but I also hear so many get shrink-wrapped and I don't want that either. This is the stressful part for me.

First one out. Sadly, this one has an extremely severe cross beak and is missing an eye. I'm hoping this was caused by the fact that the egg came from a hen who was hatched from trader joes eggs, and not because my beautiful incubator screwed up. I'd post pics... But is a little graphic. :sick

Back
Top Bottom