Starting a Muscovy Duck Club

Quote:
What about all the great info that Resolution posted a while back? https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=548042 Totally not the usual blah blah blah genetics stuff. Great images too. Maybe we can photoshop up one of the really good ones to create an original peice of art from it for the logo or splash page?

Those are pretty .. OMG pretty.. but I need permission to use them. There is NO WAY I will get this site shut down for copy right infringement. My job, paid or not as a web mistress is to know and follow all laws regarding websites and to respect other artists. That will not change and is a very hard limit with me. I don't think anyone would ever take us to court, but.. its just doing the right thing, and If I know right from wrong I won't do wrong.

There are 4 accepted colors of Muscovy Ducks, Black, White, Chocolate, and Blue. I believe a few years ago a group of breeders was trying to get Lilac through but it never passed.
Also here are some pics of my old Muscovys
106_3378.jpg

106_3377.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
well, unless you create an original peice you can really use someone elses photo... hence artwork. Of course, I can go out and snap several full body shots of my boys (I usually take pics of their interesting faces) and post them this weekend. However, while I think my ducks are beeeeuuutiful I know that plain white is kind of boring when so many really awesome colors are available. Love the gypsy faces!

We can NOT under any circumstances use someone elses art or photos with out permission. If thats not yours.. I can't use it. This is a very hard No no

sure you can... Andy Warhol did it all the time or more recently, Shepard Fairey who took a Time magazine photo to make an iconic Progress/Hope/Change Obama poster. The art is "inspired" by someones work. However, I can certainly take a meeeeelllion of my own photos.

102802_ducks.jpg

102802_duckys.jpg

theres mine only $3.40 at fleamarket the 3 black and white 1s where supposed to be 2 natural and 1 blue (idk muscovy colors so idk if they are right color or not) the chocolate was just 1st muscovy i got same fleamarket yr before. i liked the duck just not the color

Not great but here's what i've got so far:

Muscovies are a Duck Species that Belong to the Genus Cairina. This Genus is shared with one other species; White-winged Duck.
Muscovies are considered a "perching" ducks. Popular Perching ducks are White- Winged Duck, Muscovy, Knob-billed Duck, and Comb Duck.
It is now believed the closet relative to the Muscovy Duck is the North American Wood Duck

Still Searching for their Origin and Evolution
caf.gif

Wow I am so proud I had to leave and when I get home we have a name and a Website Thank You so much iajewel.

The club needs to promote all colors but we do need to make sure people know which colors are recognized so if any one wants to show they will not be surprised or disqualified
barnie.gif
I have shown Muscovy's in the past at fairs and APA shows I loved showing my blacks a show quality black cannot have any white any where except on their wings it is the same for Blue's and Chocolate's White's are allowed all the white they want
gig.gif
they can't have any other color at all though. Muscovies are very easy to show just clean them up wash their feet and your show ready
big_smile.png

Here are some pictures of Show Quality Blacks I used to have and a White I now own. All the pictures I post are my pictures so if you need to use any of them feel free
68354_003.jpg

68354_004.jpg

68354_img_6627.jpg

68354_001.jpg

68354_img_6312.jpg

A quick question are you going to note who took each pic when you post it on the site?

My hubby is off this week due to an equipment breakdown but I will do as much research as I can to help make this site great I really want to be a part of it so if you don't see a reply from me for a day or two or several hours I have not lost interest I am still here and still really excited
thumbsup.gif
it's just when hubby is home we are usally running around getting parts, shopping (hope to finish all christmas shopping tomorrow
fl.gif
) or hunting.

And someone on here asked if they could join even if they don't have Muscovies yet YES we need any and all muscovy lovers on board but of corse you will have to wait to be listed on a breeders list.

Dang my children are home I need to go
sad.png
seems they are hungrey geez don't they know I'm helping to promote scovy's now
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom