Starting incubation of button quail 1/20

thomp119

Songster
9 Years
Feb 11, 2010
North Tustin, CA
I am setting 19 button quail eggs today in my Brinsea mini advance (12 eggs) and my Brinsea mini Eco (7 eggs) the eggs were shipped and I picked the best 19 I could based on what I could see by Candeling them. Who is with me?

I have had great hatch rates in the past with both incubators. They are very reliable and accurate. I am curious to see how these eggs will fair. Most of the eggs that I set for this hatch have saddle shaped air cells due to rough shipping. A lot of the eggs that I didn't chose were cracked or had detached air cells. Darn post office!

Last edited:
:( bloody post office

i just finished incubating my first batch of eggs, shipped as well. i used a farm innovators styro incubator, still air and no turner. i really enjoyed the experience but didn't get the best hatch rate, 7/24. I eggtopsyd and found 5 more that died about day 3-6. i've heard good things about the brinsea and they had a sale so I went ahead and ordered

I'll be rooting for your little ones
fl.gif

Should have veins, button eggs are so small though may be really hard to see the veins. I've read somewhere you can candle halfway through so like day 8. I've tried searching for a button egg development chart but nothing came up. Good luck! Keep us posted pls! I'm on day 4 myself.

I'll take a picture if I see anything tomorrow or throughout the incubation period. It should be interesting to track the development (now that I have a white egg to candle) Let's hope it's fertile!

Here's is what I could see this morning on day 2 of incubation. It looks like a faint heart/vein system. (Im referring to the faint red spot in the middle of the egg) Thoughts??

Oh wow! That does look like a red spot with veins. Thanks for sharing. Day 5 for me but can't see nothing when I try to candle. I had no clue buttons can lay white eggs?

Back
Top Bottom