Starting incubation of button quail 1/20

Yep! A whopping all 3 off them lol. Had 8 to start. Half were infertile. And one never developed. 2nd batch of 4 due in 3 days. 3rd batch of 5 (1 looks clear though) due in 8 days. My one and only serama egg due in 16 days. Will candle that guy tomorrow to check for life. Lol

Yay!!! So exciting! My nose is currently glued to the incubator and I see nothing (still 12 hours until nits a full 16 days though) I am sooooo nervous!

18-21 days is not unusual for buttons. good luck..
big_smile.png

Yea, just read up a bit on it. It's not unusual, also lots of people say don't trust the regular thermometer that comes with Hova Bator, is that correct?

yes I use at least 2 different ones located at different heights in the bator, one where the eggs are laying and one an inch of two above that. I used a regular stick type in the bator and an digital/battery operated one that the probe is inside and the dial sits outside of the bator.

Still nothing!!! I'm dying over here... They are 6 hours overdue and with the Brinsea incubators, they are usually like clockwork and hatch right on the exact day and time that they are supposed to. I threw in a hygrometer in there before lockdown and its a 65-69% but the temp says 97-98. Maybe that's why they are delayed? Should I raised the temp from the digitalized programed temp of 99.5 to 100.5? Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom