starting my own flock...

hoopsie13

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2018
My dad has had 9 laying hens a little over a year and i became interested in starting out small and build from there. we went today to get 3 more for his flock and 4 for myself. they are doing well... im guessing a week or two old. if anyone has any tips on good additives (if any exist) for thier food while on the starter feed. also i need to know how long will they just be eating the starter feed and when they can graduate to regular feed? thanks a lot everyone for any pointers you may have.

My dad has had 9 laying hens a little over a year and i became interested in starting out small and build from there. we went today to get 3 more for his flock and 4 for myself. they are doing well... im guessing a week or two old. if anyone has any tips on good additives (if any exist) for thier food while on the starter feed. also i need to know how long will they just be eating the starter feed and when they can graduate to regular feed? thanks a lot everyone for any pointers you may have.

Starter feeds till laying age approximately 16-18 wks. Then laying feeds or flockraiser from then on, make sure to supplement w/ crushed oyster shell when laying age.

Back
Top Bottom