starting over!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Suess hens, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    It has been a whole 24 hours, I know.
    But new day, new "incubator", better environment (I think). And now DH is hooked!
    He once was surrounded by reptiles, so we went through all of his stuff and have created our own homemade incubator. I have it heating up and sitting to stabilize everything before we start.
    I think humidity was the issue with my last hatch. So, humidity gauge is in and works (we played a bit with it first). I know that the last three days you raise it up. But what are the exact numbers I need? Where should I stabilize for now, and where do I need it for those last few days?
    Thanks ahead of time!!!

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I have my humidity at about 40-45% the first 18 days and 60 - 70% for the last 3 days.
    Good luck .

3. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    Thank you. I've been running everything for about 6 hours, and am struggling to get over 30. Just put a sponge on top of the wire to see if I can get it up. I am dealing with large space to heat and humidify. and won't put anything in until I get it stable.
    I will say that things in there already feel warmer than they did in the school incubator I was using....So I will take that as a good sign. I also have two thermometers, and both are reading at 100

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by