Starting Successful Threads.

You don't have a group that checks out everything you're posting in, do you? No stalkers, no haters, no friends or fans? No posts, then. It helps to have a pertinent question or bit of info to offer but really it appears to be mainly about who you know or have offended. Go disagree with someone who has friends, then post back here with an opinion people disagree about, and you will have much attention. Jokes, sort of.

Define "successful."
hmm.png

I'd consider 1200 posts on one thread pretty successful.
hu.gif

It's pretty much impossible to predict what will become a popular thread. And honestly, you can just hang out on someone else's thread instead. If you enjoy the conversation, it doesn't matter who started the topic.

It's pretty much impossible to predict what will become a popular thread. And honestly, you can just hang out on someone else's thread instead. If you enjoy the conversation, it doesn't matter who started the topic.
Yep that is the way it works :) I have 2 kinda successful threads.

I think successful threads are ones that ask good questions and elicit good responses. Some people think successful equals popular. I've never been much good at making popular threads because I am friendly with only a small group of people and I am active posting at different times of the year. I'm ok with that. I enjoy contributing information to other people's posts to help answer their questions and maybe help an animal.

I've noticed that a lot of "successful" threads are started by people that are friends, a clique if you will. People chat with each other and usually the original topic gets long left behind LOL!
big_smile.png

I've noticed that a lot of "successful" threads are started by people that are friends, a clique if you will. People chat with each other and usually the original topic gets long left behind LOL!
big_smile.png
Yep, that, lol. Many of the most "successful" threads are actually just a small group of friends talking about things that only interest them.

But yeah, cluckcluckluke, have fun in your quest for popularity.

Back
Top Bottom