Starting Successful Threads.

Quote: Lol, then you know more than me, I've not even bothered trying to figure out the differences there.
Quote: I've always been a bookworm and was raised in rural areas by some very knowledgeable parents. There's plenty I don't know but that's true for everyone I guess. I've always been very interested in animals and you tend to learn easier about anything you're interested in.
Quote: Inbreeding is already shockingly rife in some areas and it's one of the reasons I prefer mongrels. Remixing with mongrels instead of maintaining a set family line seems less crazy when we're not allowed to gain new blood.
Quote: I think those just "making more chickens" are often doing the species in Australia more of a service than a disservice, lol. Genes will be altered as they adapt to our specific fauna/flora/clime etc.
Quote: Plenty! Like preserve purebreds. I have done some random things though, lol.
Quote: Yeah I'm not great at being succinct. A symptom of being a lifelong bookworm I guess. Love academic stuff. :D

Best wishes.

Who knows this might become successful! I say just speak up in one that is interesting to you. I am a pain in the side of a few threads.:D

Chickerdoodle is one of my favorite people to read a post by. or wait. that is the awkwardest sentence ever.
She writes great posts and I try to read all of the ones she replies to. err. Well, now we know why mine don't fly.:/  

Aww! You are gonna make me blush! I'm glad people seem to enjoy my posts!

Best wishes.
I totally agree, I only want to learn about maths, science and animals 1 because they are important and 2 I LIKE THEM.lol.
Are you home schooled?
Wait so are you an Aussie. Your location implies you are but your where speaking before as if you were not?

Yes mutts are much more genetically strong and disease resistant but they are encroaching onto the safe future of pure breeds. Mixes decease the amount of purebreds and in turn increase inbreeding in pure breeds.

I like your extended posts, especially because they are interesting
smile.png

Last edited:
Don't let some dissenting opinions shut you up. ;) Everyone's got a valid opinion, at least some of the time, lol.

People that cut me down or are against my opinion don't get to me. What irritates me is when I post a new thread and it doesn't get replied to. Especially if I write a lot on it.

Edit: I don't really push or even tell my opinions to people any way. I suppose I have never got into a thread where I have had an opinion on it.

Last edited:
Don't let some dissenting opinions shut you up. ;) Everyone's got a valid opinion, at least some of the time, lol.

People that cut me down or are against my opinion don't get to me. What irritates me is when I post a new thread and it doesn't get replied to. Especially if I write a lot on it.

Edit: I don't really push or even tell my opinions to people any way. I suppose I have never got into a thread where I have had an opinion on it.

The comment of mine you quoted there was directed to Chickerdoodle13 but could just as well apply to you, me, or anyone else.

No matter how many people disagree with us, someone will agree, and someone will find something useful in our opinions. Even those I disagree with have something to offer, I'm not so shortsighted I can't see that. ;)

It's good you don't let people get to you. Having strong opinions will get you enemies no matter how polite you are, but everyone's got to hold to what they believe in.

I started a thread 4 years ago, looking for chickens. It now has 19,000+ posts on it. Some threads accidentally become popular posts.

ps. I did find some chickens and have managed to actually meet several members of this site........

Don't worry about me. I've been around BYC too long to let anyone get under my skin. This place has always been pretty consistent, even back in the EZboard days and before. Most people are nice but you always have a dissenting few. This place is pretty good about reprimanding those people though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom