Starting to think I have 2 roosters

Thanks! I pulled up my rainbow folding chair, glass of wine, and sat with the chicks in the coop, studying every single one, from eye's down to tail feathers, asking, "Who else is a boy here?!" Everything will work out. ;)

Thanks! I pulled up my rainbow folding chair, glass of wine, and sat with the chicks in the coop, studying every single one, from eye's down to tail feathers, asking, "Who else is a boy here?!" Everything will work out. ;)
Ooh! Great idea! I know all my biddies in the coop are girls, but wine and Chicken TV sound perfect!

You have that teeny tiny guy right?
Don't even worry lol! :)
I am going to try to keep mine together (at first). They have been raised together, so hopefully a pecking order has been established. If not, I will add a second coop/run.

(I apologize if I'm repeating an earlier post. I have been posting about my 2 roo dilemma all over the place, and I forget where all I said it - LOL)

You have that teeny tiny guy right?
Don't even worry lol! :)
Hahaha! But I hear the teensy ones make up for their size with attitude!

Look how cute he is! How could I rehome this?!
20190718_194538.jpg

I may be in a similar position. I have definitely one boy I've been told and am waiting to hear from egg supplier what he thinks the other suspect one is. I know we can only keep one and hope to minimise the crowing, we're not in a highly busy area and have large garden so may get away with it, we said any bits we'll eat them. 3 days old and we're both besotted. This does not bode well.

I may be in a similar position. I have definitely one boy I've been told and am waiting to hear from egg supplier what he thinks the other suspect one is. I know we can only keep one and hope to minimise the crowing, we're not in a highly busy area and have large garden so may get away with it, we said any bits we'll eat them. 3 days old and we're both besotted. This does not bode well.
I'm lucky to live in a semi-rural area where roos are allowed. Most neighbors have chickens, and my next door neighbors asked me to get a roo because they like the crowing. Did I luck out or what? :cool:

You can keep roos out where you are, too, right @Sarjeanp ?

Maybe I'll just wait see if anyone notices or minds. There's so many noises around here. I love the sound but I have also found out about crow collars. I just can't have two boys and 1 girl so we need to plan best way to get more.

Back
Top Bottom