Starting to think I have 2 roosters

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sarjeanp, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Sarjeanp

Sarjeanp Songster

May 26, 2015
    Thanks! I pulled up my rainbow folding chair, glass of wine, and sat with the chicks in the coop, studying every single one, from eye's down to tail feathers, asking, "Who else is a boy here?!" Everything will work out. ;)

Aunt Angus likes this.
  2. Aunt Angus

Aunt Angus Crowing

Jul 16, 2018
    Sacramento County, CA
    My Coop
    Ooh! Great idea! I know all my biddies in the coop are girls, but wine and Chicken TV sound perfect!

3. Sarjeanp

Sarjeanp Songster

May 26, 2015
    I did! :) Thank you so much! I am going to play it by ear, and Pray it works out. I love all of these "girls". ha!

Aunt Angus and Chickassan like this.
  4. Chickassan

Chickassan Wattle Fondler

You have that teeny tiny guy right?
    Don't even worry lol! :)

Aunt Angus likes this.
  5. Aunt Angus

Aunt Angus Crowing

Jul 16, 2018
    Sacramento County, CA
    My Coop
    Hahaha! But I hear the teensy ones make up for their size with attitude!

Look how cute he is! How could I rehome this?!
    20190718_194538.jpg

6. Sarjeanp

Sarjeanp Songster

May 26, 2015
    Oh my gosh! How old is he? He’s adorable!!

7. Aunt Angus

Aunt Angus Crowing

Jul 16, 2018
    Sacramento County, CA
    My Coop
    6 weeks. And an absolute love. This current group imprinted on me, and he's been super cuddly. I hear that makes them jerks later on because they don't fear us. By the time I knew he was a future roo, it was too late.

Chickassan likes this.
  8. I may be in a similar position. I have definitely one boy I've been told and am waiting to hear from egg supplier what he thinks the other suspect one is. I know we can only keep one and hope to minimise the crowing, we're not in a highly busy area and have large garden so may get away with it, we said any bits we'll eat them. 3 days old and we're both besotted. This does not bode well.

Aunt Angus likes this.
  9. Aunt Angus

Aunt Angus Crowing

Jul 16, 2018
    Sacramento County, CA
    My Coop
    I'm lucky to live in a semi-rural area where roos are allowed. Most neighbors have chickens, and my next door neighbors asked me to get a roo because they like the crowing. Did I luck out or what? :cool:

You can keep roos out where you are, too, right @Sarjeanp ?

ScottyGill likes this.
  10. Maybe I'll just wait see if anyone notices or minds. There's so many noises around here. I love the sound but I have also found out about crow collars. I just can't have two boys and 1 girl so we need to plan best way to get more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: