State a fact about yourself!

Smokey came from the herd- again our vet thinks she was turned out by or escaped her previous owner. My grandpa didn't want another horse at the time - 5 was enough, so he placed 'found' ads in the paper. Apparently this guy from a town close to us wanted a Tennessee Walker to sell at the auction (around here Tennessee Walkers are "the" breed to have, so that guy would of gotten a pretty penny for her.), so he called us and said he was Smokey's owner. He came to get her the next morning. Smokey hesitated as he loaded her up the trailer ramp. And then they drove off. On Saturday we went to the auction, the one Smokey was going to be sold at. I had had a bad feeling about the man, and a $850 stuck in my pocket (we're not rich, it's from my job). As soon as Smokey came out everybody started offering.. The only person who could go over $850 thought he'd got the horse, but then Grampa handed me a hundred dollar bill..
that's so sweet! I would have charged the man with fraud, though. My horse was being bred for lesson in a field, with no shelter. The feld was entirely pine woods. His owners were terrified of him, because he kicked their daughter and put her n the hospital, and the people who owned the barn the dumped him at we're terrified of him because he tried to crush a lady in the washstall, and bucked off everyone that rode him. He was ridden in a double chain curb bit (it had a chain through his mouth, and four inch shanks) and had regular bleeding sores in his mouth. He had horrible nutrition, the ferrier butchered his feet (he is completely barefoot, and the almost made him lame). I came along, and fell in love with him. It got to the point that i was the only one who could touch him, in pasture and under saddle. They finally got sick of feeding him, and it was either sell him or give him to the butcher (it's a big probem in our area). I paid $800 for him, and they told me I was gonna get killed. He had huge lums on him from tick bites, covered in weeping sores and just in bad shape. Three months later, he is a different horse. He jumps, trail rides, and is doing intro level dressage. Best $800 bucks I ever spent, lol.

that's so sweet! I would have charged the man with fraud, though. My horse was being bred for lesson in a field, with no shelter. The feld was entirely pine woods. His owners were terrified of him, because he kicked their daughter and put her n the hospital, and the people who owned the barn the dumped him at we're terrified of him because he tried to crush a lady in the washstall, and bucked off everyone that rode him. He was ridden in a double chain curb bit (it had a chain through his mouth, and four inch shanks) and had regular bleeding sores in his mouth. He had horrible nutrition, the ferrier butchered his feet (he is completely barefoot, and the almost made him lame). I came along, and fell in love with him. It got to the point that i was the only one who could touch him, in pasture and under saddle. They finally got sick of feeding him, and it was either sell him or give him to the butcher (it's a big probem in our area). I paid $800 for him, and they told me I was gonna get killed. He had huge lums on him from tick bites, covered in weeping sores and just in bad shape. Three months later, he is a different horse. He jumps, trail rides, and is doing intro level dressage. Best $800 bucks I ever spent, lol.

We charged him with fraud. Something like that is not an easy get-away situation.
That's an amazing story! Seems like it was meant to be. That's the same thing with Phoenix - when he came here he was wild, very wild. For a while he wouldn't let anybody ride him. He clearly had no trust. Every afternoon I sat on the corral fence and just watched him. He snorted at me up their, eyes filled with fury. I could only imagine what his previous owners did to him.. But a week later I decided to hop into the corral and see what would happen. I walked with him, and held out my hand for a couple minutes before he nuzzled the apple in my glove (it was winter at the time). The next day he let me get a halter over his head and slide up from the fence onto his back. He's a different horse from when we got him 2 years ago. He's my love.

A signature is the messages that show up every time you post. For example, mine is a joke. It says "what do you give a sick bird?" And then it says underneath that "the answer to the joke (click to show)." That is my signature. To make one, you have to go onto your profile and scroll down until you find the little thing that says "edit signature" with a little pencil by it.

Thank you too!!!!!!!!!

We charged him with fraud. Something like that is not an easy get-away situation.
That's an amazing story! Seems like it was meant to be. That's the same thing with Phoenix - when he came here he was wild, very wild. For a while he wouldn't let anybody ride him. He clearly had no trust. Every afternoon I sat on the corral fence and just watched him. He snorted at me up their, eyes filled with fury. I could only imagine what his previous owners did to him.. But a week later I decided to hop into the corral and see what would happen. I walked with him, and held out my hand for a couple minutes before he nuzzled the apple in my glove (it was winter at the time). The next day he let me get a halter over his head and slide up from the fence onto his back. He's a different horse from when we got him 2 years ago. He's my love.
that is really cool! I'm glad you got him!

Got 3 ees and a silkie at the swap now standing in the rain getting them settled :/

Feeling down

I hope you feel better soon!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom