Stay At Home Mom Blues...

I know from experience that you'll look at everyone's reply - and still carry on as you are for a few more months.

Remember the advice and take one small step at a time.

I would make a list and be honest with yourself. What do you like and what needs to change. Make suggestions to yourself for the ways to change how you feel. Become a volunteer for a few hours a week as that can work wonders. Write down the problems associated with doing that and find solutions that will work for you.

Could you find a play group or go to a weekly library reading group for the boys or a women's Bible study? You can take the house stuff slowly. Have you ever been on Flylady? It will give you reminders for small tasks during the day. What if you got the house in order and took in a child your kids ages? That would get you some money to catch up on bills and keep the house cleaner.

Quote:
Lots and lots! You just have to be creative and look for opportunities. Just about any hobby takes an initial investment of money and time, but can be very cathartic and profitable if you market well.

I create homespun items ranging from windchimes made from old silver plated dinner ware found at yard sales ($35 each and can't keep them in stock!) to hearth baskets composed of pine cones from my yard steeped in spiced fragrance and tied with a wire ribbon ($20 ea./total cost of materials of basket, scent and ribbon $5.75). I don't advertise or have a venue...purely word of mouth.

I am currently working on making some apple head dolls....materials to be found out back in my orchard, in my closet (coat hanger), wool from my sheep and some spair cloth I have in my scraps bag.

The sky is the limit and folks are still spending money on these types of things. Get into making soaps, sugar scrubs, bath salts. All fun to make and bring a great price and profit.

And I work pretty much full time as a hospice nurse outside my home, so if I can find time anyone can! Single mom here!
frow.gif

even if you dont make a cent, hobbies are still very therapeutic and can really make a difference on your outlook. i like to sew, and i dont sell anything, but i love making things and it takes my mind off of stuff.

Quote:
Ya...
We arent really seeing eye to eye on things right now. Hes my best friend but sometimes I really feel like bopping him on the mouth..

I do SO much for our family and he says he knows how much work it is but I really feel like on the inside his eyes are rolling at me.

I told him I wanted to paint the kitchen and dining room to keep me busy for awhile and he said no. When we were in HD yesterday I stopped to look at colors and when I tried pointing out some colors he wouldnt even look.
sad.png

Fair Sarah, I am sorry you are hurting. When things start to spin sometimes it feels like a tornado, and you can't get out.

May I suggest that you see your doctor. I have a feeling that you are suffering from true depression. Medicine can help.
I know that is not the "fix" for everyone and perhaps not for you either, but the way you are feeling is not healthy for you or those around you.
Medicine is there to help if it can. If not, then maybe your doctor can help you pinpoint the problem.
Not all medicine is permanent either. Sometimes just a helping hand until you can get your feet back under you.
You are only 21 and you have children. Ah it is not easy being a young mother. You are still needing to have fun yourself.
Being the mother of five and knowing how little appreciation we receive at times it is really very normal to be frustrated and unhappy. Sometimes.
You most likely hear "mommy I want" mommy I need" "no!"

Very rarely do you hear "thank you Mommy" or even "I love you Mommy" not in those early years.
Being a parent teaches us true service to others.
I remember when my daughter looked at me and said "all you do is yell" I wanted to yell again and say No I don't! But guess what? She was right. And she was all of about 10. After that, I made a choice to not yell anymore. It wasn't easy and I wasn't always perfect but it was a huge improvement.
I learned to talk to them and explain why I felt the need to yell. Because no one listened to me when I asked nicely! They would only respond when Mom got mad.

You said you rarely take time to exercise. I would stress how important exercise is. The natural endorphins that we get when we exercise is right up there with Prozac. Really! That's why they call it "runners high"

Find someway or someone who can give you a break for an hour and go workout. Get away. Swap kids with someone so they can too.
But please seek help other than just on this forum. We care, but I think you need a little more support than even we can give.
If you would like to pm me please feel free. I will get back with you as soon as I am able.
PS I worked out today too! Ah feels good! But I enjoy lifting weights. My joints and muscles both hate me and love me. LOL

Thinking of you Sarahfair

Back
Top Bottom