STAY AWAY FROM CHICKEN SALOON

It took my Hubby quite a while to get the RV coop finsihed... the new gals were in a smaller coop he had built earler they were almost full grown then Plus it was getting hotter outside.
I have never added up the old boat trailer, new tires weling of the trailer tonque to strength it...,plywood walls and flooring 2 by 4 s,roll or two of aluminum coil stock, all alum corrugated roofing(special ordered), used windows.. used door, two windows were free... the big fiberglass trays, the big alum baking trays, hwe cloth, screws, special siding screws... He already had the tools already had the telephone used for the ramp steps....
so yeah it adds up but made it worth while how nice it is...
good luck

Lol, My husband had the tools. I think he just wanted new ones. I order all my natural stuff and he gets tools. Oh well, guess I can expect him to build the chicken tractor soon.
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
What I found was for 10+ birds I was looking at atleast another digit before the decimal over there pricing. So I was in 4-5k on a good walk in coop online.
I'd say as of now i'm in about 2k but have a much nicer,study coop than I ever could have ever bought. On top of that I built 163 sq' so twice as much for half. Of course I was able to save a lot on siding alone.

Scott

I am the totally unhappy owner of a Chicken Saloon. They are cheap and built with inferior product. Within 2 days of getting mine, the ladder fell apart. I agree with all the size statements that have been made. My 8 girls were NOT comfy in the cramped quarters, and I ended up adding an additional run. Not looking forward to winter, because I don't think this piece of crap will hold up.

I wish I would have seen these posts before I purchased The Ranch from Chicken Saloon. :( I too am extremely disappointed, the quality is POOR to say the least, the prices are high, and the runs are grossly undersized for the amount of chickens they claim can make the coop their home.

I really wish I had seen these posts. I too purchased the Ranch and it was the biggest waste of money. I'm so disappointed in his product. I really wish I could send it back. Pieces were chipped an broken and I've had it for a month and it is already faded. If I could give a rating it would be a -10!

Back
Top Bottom