Stella's Social Club

My 2nd broody has a chick hatching now. The 3rd broody is crammed in with her. I've never had broodies co parent, but we'll see.

Mary, I jinxed myself. I remember telling you that welsummers don't go broody. Well, I have one on the nest.
hmm.png

And the crazy orp is trying to be broody too. She's the egg squisher and then raises invisible chicks.

I had two sort of co-parent last year. One hatched 9 and one hatched 1 , The one with 9 ended up with 6 and the other ended up with 4. It was interesting watching the one with the one chick entice some of the others to come with her. Good luck with the egg crusher and invisible chicks.

I actually have a Cream Legbar that is acting a little broody, never seen that before either.

Had 2 Silkies co-brood one time, they were so sweet.

The Yin and Yang sisters
Nice

I love the Yin and Yang sisters!
love.gif

Speaking of broodys - last year I traded a Lavender Orp rooster for 7 of somebody's "project" eggs to hatch. (I don't like to take money for my extra roosters - just happy to find them a home.) I hatched 3 straight feathered cockerels and 3 frizzle pullets in my little incubator. Something is very wrong with 2 of the frizzles - I think it's a double up on the frizzle gene or something because 2 of them lost almost all of their feathers as soon as they got them and one of them never grew any back. I mean naked! She has a little fluff on her butt and sides - that's it. It's too embarrassing to even post a picture! She looks like a chicken from the grocery store! I need to crochet her a sweater for winter because she will definitely freeze to death if I don't. On top of this, she has just gone broody. What a sight - too funny.

I'm sure she will appreciate a sweater very much. Yes, frizzle to frizzle etc. can produce chicks with brittle feathers that break off or worse.

I love the Yin and Yang sisters!
love.gif

Speaking of broodys - last year I traded a Lavender Orp rooster for 7 of somebody's "project" eggs to hatch. (I don't like to take money for my extra roosters - just happy to find them a home.) I hatched 3 straight feathered cockerels and 3 frizzle pullets in my little incubator. Something is very wrong with 2 of the frizzles - I think it's a double up on the frizzle gene or something because 2 of them lost almost all of their feathers as soon as they got them and one of them never grew any back. I mean naked! She has a little fluff on her butt and sides - that's it. It's too embarrassing to even post a picture! She looks like a chicken from the grocery store! I need to crochet her a sweater for winter because she will definitely freeze to death if I don't. On top of this, she has just gone broody. What a sight - too funny.
You have a frazzle. Breeding 2 frizzles together creates it. When you breed frizzles, you have to breed a smooth feathered bird to the frizzle.

Back
Top Bottom