Stella's Social Club

Mary it's very hard to get any of the "problem" people removed - . Our mail carrier told me about a mail worker that was stealing on the job . They caught her on tape doing so in different ways. They couldn't fire her so they had her sent to another branch. That's the government for you.

Mary - go to the front and ask for randy. He's the postmaster at that office. I had to speak with him and he was very nice dealing with my issue in fixing my grandmothers multiple forwardings. He explained what I needed to do and told me to ask for him when I came in. Of course he was at lunch when I came in, but I still got my stuff handled.

Mary, I'm sorry you have to deal with someone who doesn't do their job properly.

Mary it's very hard to get any of the "problem" people removed - . Our mail carrier told me about a mail worker that was stealing on the job . They caught her on tape doing so in different ways. They couldn't fire her so they had her sent to another branch. That's the government for you.

I worked for almost 15 years as a letter carrier for the USPS in a LARGE Chicagoland suburb. I saw three people fired for stealing. If management does their job documenting, employees can and will be fired. Also saw two that were asked to resign (and they did) for "misrepresenting" injuries/illness. Once again, the proper paperwork and footwork done to get the necessary documentation to show there was just cause. Bad employees can be gotten rid of by good managers.........unfortunately, bad managers are way too common. A "desk job" is very appealing to those who don't want to trudge through snow for 4 months, put up with high heat and humidity for 3 months and bear the soaking rain in between so they opt for the inside job. Government jobs don't have a monopoly on excess layers of incompetent manager but it seems everyone notices the effects of them more. Okay, off the soap box..........

I bought some hatching eggs on a whim. The seller would only ship Express Mail so I had to pay $40. Guess what? They are lost in Mail!

th.gif

The seller is applying for a shipping refund. We all know that never works. Guaranteed Overnight is not really guaranteed according to the USPS.

Well, my eggs finally arrived a day late. The seller refunded $35 of the $40 Express Mail shipping charges.

I am not sure how well the eggs will hatch though as our postal worker (yes, Kelly her) got angry and dropped the box to the bottom of an empty bin on the floor! They landed so hard that the cardboard box got stuck inside the plastic post office tote she was carrying it in. It took the two of us, me pulling on the box of eggs and her pulling on the plastic tote, to separate them. I nearly fell over backwards from the force of pulling on that box when it finally let go.

Here's the scoop: The box was a day late and lost. Seller requested a shipping refund. I called my PO several times yesterday to see if it indeed had arrived but the tracking wasn't correct. Finally I was told that the last truck of the day had come and gone without my package. This morning at 8:53 Randy from the PO called to say my "hatching eggs" had arrived. He offered to have someone bring them out to me since they were late and time sensitive. I said "no, I would come right down and pick them up." He told me to come around the back since the package was already late and that way I wouldn't have to stand in line. I did just as I was told. The first person I encountered when I walked in the back was a b*itch who has given me, and Kelly too, nothing but grief. She immediately started screaming and berating me for coming in the back. I tried to explain and she told me "you need to wait in line like everybody else." I asked her to please get Randy for me. She continued to holler at me as she walked away. She returned with my box and that is when she dropped it in the bin! The entire time I signed the paperwork and tried to free my eggs from the plastic bin, she continued to berate me for thinking I didn't have to wait in line like everyone else. As I walked away she yelled one more time "The post office opens at nine. Next time go to the front and wait in line." I was never given the opportunity to talk to randy.

I know you are probably thinking I should put in a complaint, but believe me when I say it wouldn't do any good. I know because I have done so twice already. She has carte blanche to treat people any way she wants. I was so humiliated when I left there I was nearly in tears.

The good news is that none of my eggs are broken but I know in advance they fell four feet straight to the ground.
well Mary none of this surprises me . I think there is one of Them at every post office. Placerville is no exception

I'm sorry you have a crappy post office. Mine is wonderful. I went in to tell them that I was getting chickens in and would she watch for them. She took my cell number and as soon as they came in she called and when I got there she had them near an air vent so they wouldn't be too hot and she said that she is always glad to hear a crow so she knows they are okay. Then I had to let her take a peek at them....but we are a very small town and most of us know each other. That may make a difference too.

Mary, Sorry you had to deal with such a horrible person. I hope you are able to have at least some hatch. And for the postal worker
smack.gif

"the other Mary", My special project eggs go into the incubator today (14 eggs), we'll see if any hatch in about a month!
fl.gif

Mary, Sorry you had to deal with such a horrible person. I hope you are able to have at least some hatch. And for the postal worker
smack.gif

"the other Mary", My special project eggs go into the incubator today (14 eggs), we'll see if any hatch in about a month!
fl.gif
woot.gif
......Does this mean you'll be hanging out in a different forum thread and ignoring us?!

smack.gif

fl.gif

Project eggs? Spill the beans Mike.

Back
Top Bottom