1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. thedragonlady

thedragonlady Overrun With Chickens

Feb 6, 2012
    Camden,S.C.
    Kathy,

You have a jewel there ! Enter him in a crowing contest. He'd drive me nuts !

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Linda NO, bad, bad!! No adult beverages !! - ICE CREAM is all you need!!

I just stocked up myself - Drumstick rocky road cones, Blue Bunny mini caramel swirl cones, Edy's German Chocolate 1.5 quart, and a pint of Oberweis chocolate. I have already tasted each of them to see if they are on the brink of rancidity( and need to be finished immediately.) I don't care if the expiration dates say 2014m - they are surely lying.

I am under considerable stress because my Birthday is coming up and I will be just a short hop,skip,jump from the dreaded 70's - OMG!!! Of course I've had these attacks every time I go to the grocery store and stock up on ice cream that evaporates in a day or two . There goes all the grocery budget $$$$ and it isn't even hot today - we've had a couple of 70's after a flock of high humidity and flirting with 90's.

You know I think if the chickens were eating ice cream they could survive the heat. Get them the cheap stuff, they won't notice the difference.

4. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    [​IMG] Oh my goodness if we had a rooster like that one of our neighbors would shoot it for sure!

5. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Tomaru's are black (want me to post pictures of mine? [​IMG]), but it is a Longcrower.

You know in the old days they drank beer/wine, etc. because the quality of the water was questionable. I think you should start NOW!

6. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Well the county animal control officer just left our house. At first I thought she was here to get Tucker but it turned out to be a complaint about crowing from a neighbor in the gated slum across the road.

It was very stressful because she kept asking me if I sold anything related to the chickens. I thought she was getting to the issue of eating egg sales being regulated by the USDA and permits needed. I kept reassuring her that I have never sold eating eggs. Finally she told me she was trying to help me. That if I sell eggs as a part of my Ag program then the noise complaints have no standing. She said she lives around here and was everyone thrilled to see us move in and use the land as it was intended. She says small farms and ranches like ours is exactly what Nevada county wants.

She also said that she says hello to Jack and Diane everyday and that our land, with it's variety of animals, is picture perfect. She said it is obvious we take excellent care of our animals.

She asked for proof that I sell hatching eggs so I printed out some emails. She will tell the complainers that the roosters are part of a planned agricultural use on Ag zoned land and they will have to deal with the crowing. She also noted that we were zoned agricultural before that development even went in, so any residents there would have been, or should have been on notice that they may have to put up with animal sounds.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  7. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    But yay for someone being on your side for a change!!!!! You are well within your rights, keep your roosters!

8. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    [​IMG]
    A sign for you to post in your field.

1 person likes this.
  9. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Put up one of these signs, Mary....

[​IMG]

10. kathyinmo