Stella's Social Club

At cemanifarms.com you can purchase a 1 month old for $490.00 plus International shipping

Actually some laughing chickens seem to be great, change in rooster song.

I cannot afford either of them, but enjoy dreaming!

Please, keep us posted
I am not sure how those can legally be brought into the US.

Any chicken that costs that much probably comes with a big EAT ME target painted on it's side.
No kidding. That would certainly be the case here. I would never even contemplate paying that much for a chicken. In a year, they'll be selling for peanuts. It only works on the "hot new fad chicken" if you are in on the beginning of the fad.

No kidding. That would certainly be the case here. I would never even contemplate paying that much for a chicken. In a year, they'll be selling for peanuts. It only works on the "hot new fad chicken" if you are in on the beginning of the fad.
The price will not go down as fast because they are terrible at laying eggs. Bresse went down fast in price because they lay a lot of eggs that hatch well when shipped.

Sadly, I will have to wait three or more years before Ayam Cemani get to a price that I will pay for them.

The price will not go down as fast because they are terrible at laying eggs. Bresse went down fast in price because they lay a lot of eggs that hatch well when shipped.

Sadly, I will have to wait three or more years before Ayam Cemani get to a price that I will pay for them.

They are plain black chickens that are not good egg layers - other than the fact that GFF recently imported them, what's the attraction that people will pay such prices?

They are plain black chickens that are not good egg layers - other than the fact that GFF recently imported them, what's the attraction that people will pay such prices?
There is a specialty marked in the Asian Community for all black meat and bones. I could sell a bunch of them in the Bay Area for meat and I think they use them "medicinally" .

The price needs to be much lower though.

I lost my 10 year old EE girl, Snowflake, last night.
sad.png
She's was fine up to a couple of days ago when I noticed she needed help down off the roost. She just faded away. I took her out on the grass and sat with her to say goodbye. She was a sweet hen that I rescued when she was about 4 or 5 already. She laid a few eggs every year, not a lot, right up to about a month ago! The woman I got her from was escaping an abusive husband who was threatening to kill her chickens. I didn't know her but I had to help. All 5 were the sweetest hens. They all had cute names that her little girls had given them. Pumpernickle, Blizzard, Snowflake, Ivy & Autumn. I still have Autumn, the only one left. Snowflake had the biggest head I have ever seen on a chicken. She must have had a big brain and she was very intelligent..

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry for your loss...she's absolutely beautiful. Snowflake was dang lucky to have a mama as awesome as you, and I'm happy you could be with her until the end. Ten years is a ripe old age for a chicken!

I lost my 10 year old EE girl, Snowflake, last night. :( She's was fine up to a couple of days ago when I noticed she needed help down off the roost. She just faded away. I took her out on the grass and sat with her to say goodbye. She was a sweet hen that I rescued when she was about 4 or 5 already. She laid a few eggs every year, not a lot, right up to about a month ago! The woman I got her from was escaping an abusive husband who was threatening to kill her chickens. I didn't know her but I had to help. All 5 were the sweetest hens. They all had cute names that her little girls had given them. Pumpernickle, Blizzard, Snowflake, Ivy & Autumn. I still have Autumn, the only one left. Snowflake had the biggest head I have ever seen on a chicken. She must have had a big brain and she was very intelligent..
I am so sorry to hear about Snowflake. I know no other chicken can replace her. I still fondly remember my 4-h chicken Peeper. Let me tell you that was many years ago as I am now in my 60's. I pray there is place in heaven for all the sweet little darlings that serve us well and then Pass away. I hope you are able to find another blue egg layer that is just as sweet as her.

Back
Top Bottom