Stella's Social Club

I made an angel food cake yesterday for the kids, as I have WAY too many eggs. I used up most of the yolks in this Triple Berry Bread Pudding. I couldn't find Challah bread anywhere, so I substituted Sheepherder's bread. Oh, it was delicious! Warning: not a Mary quality picture.
lol.png

Here is the recipe, if anyone is interested:
http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/triple-berry-bread-pudding.aspx

Last edited:
There is a thread on silkies, I think called "Bathing and grooming a silkie for show." Was very interesting., and the silkie was a very good sport. Too many steps involved. Much easier to prepare a show cocker in full coat - ah, those where the days!

I used to show Maltese and Afghans...........................then I said enough and switched to non-coated breeds. Life became easier...............now here I am bathing chickens,
wink.png

I made an angel food cake yesterday for the kids, as I have WAY too many eggs. I used up most of the yolks in this Triple Berry Bread Pudding. I couldn't find Challah bread anywhere, so I substituted Sheepherder's bread. Oh, it was delicious! Warning: not a Mary quality picture.
lol.png

Here is the recipe, if anyone is interested:
http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/triple-berry-bread-pudding.aspx

Looks delicious, I have it bookmarked. I'm always looking for egg-y recipes!

Very nice Jason. I didn't realize you kept any bantams.

The gentleman that bought my peafowl picked them up yesterday. He asked if we had any chicks as he had a singleton hatch, my wife could only talk him into taking one.

Brown red is one of my favorite colors, I love it in bantam cochins.

Anyone have a good recipe for a breakfast casserole/strata? I have company coming this weekend and would like to put one together - not real fond of the ones I have tried so far.

I hope the fires are not an issue for you California folks! Glad to hear that you got some rain at least.

Strange rain we are getting, not that I'm complaining about the cool down, but it's very strange for us to get rain in August.

The storms that are hitting you are coming our way..we are loving it. Plus the thunder. It really is cooler than normal at this this time of year. Makes me wonder what our winter is going to be like. :/

And hey, you still have those broodies going on? I have one, my Rhodebar again. I broke her once last month. She laid the month, and is now in the broody breaker again. Had no idea they would go so broody. She's as bad as a silkie. Only took a few days last time and she was fine..hope it's only that long again. As long as I hear, cluck, cluck, cluck, she's in her broody breaker.

Back
Top Bottom