Stella's Social Club

Pretty birds Rinda!

I just went into the house to take pictures. It is difficult because of the absence of lighting and today we are socked in by smoke and fog! Yes, fog. It rained a little last night.

Anyway here is the picture of the kitchen after painting and installation of crown moulding. Cabinet guy starts the refacing project today.

Wow just changing the floor made such a difference.

Rinda, that is JUST what my Jubilee orp hen looks like. Except she never grew a tail. And her roost-mate pulled all her neck feathers out.

I have heard of the rumpless gene popping up in Jubilees once in a while. Did you check to see if she was missing her coccyx bone and/or oil gland? I've never seen it in my own Jubilees but I did have a Mottled Orpington hen that was rumpless last spring.

Pretty birds Rinda!

I just went into the house to take pictures. It is difficult because of the absence of lighting and today we are socked in by smoke and fog! Yes, fog. It rained a little last night.

Anyway here is the picture of the kitchen after painting and installation of crown moulding. Cabinet guy starts the refacing project today.

Wow, so much of an improvement already! I love the paint color on the dining room wall. I know you are anxious to have it all finished and not be living in the motorhome anymore.

Rinda - beautiful Orps! How do you keep their rears so clean? I have a blue English Orp and I have to trim her rear often. But yours don't look like they have met with scissors.
lau.gif

Brrrrrrr! It's cold here this morning. I want to stay in my Jammie's, curled up under blankets with Tucker. But, the work crews will be arriving in a few minutes so I need to get moving.

I won't get too comfortable with the chill. Supposed to be close to 100 again by the weekend.

Lots of stuff got done yesterday but not stuff that shows up in a picture. Julio caulked his way from one one of the house to the other. Johnny was all over the place ripping out bathroom, door frames, etc. Eric was working on the kitchen cabinet frames. He raised the lowered section of cabinets up, creating drawers in the new space along the top. It looks so much better having all the counters at the same height. There were three different countries heights in there!

The flooring guy was here. He will be able to fix the crack in the living room concrete floor so it is level enough for installation of laminate. That was good news. I didn't want to constantly be cleaning oak tree debris and burrs out of carpeting in that room. One door leads to the garage so all kinds of grunge comes in that way. The slider leads to the back deck where the oaks rein leaves, twigs, acorns, and lichen 24/7. The old carpet was full of burrs from the clover. Laminate with an area rug in the middle is the best way to go.

The bad news is we found out that we will probably have to stay here in the motor home another two to three weeks. that is as soon as the flooring guy can get our job scheduled. Yikes!

I think demo will be done on my bathroom today and maybe some does will

Brrrrrrr! It's cold here this morning. I want to stay in my Jammie's, curled up under blankets with Tucker. But, the work crews will be arriving in a few minutes so I need to get moving.

I won't get too comfortable with the chill. Supposed to be close to 100 again by the weekend.

Lots of stuff got done yesterday but not stuff that shows up in a picture. Julio caulked his way from one one of the house to the other. Johnny was all over the place ripping out bathroom, door frames, etc. Eric was working on the kitchen cabinet frames. He raised the lowered section of cabinets up, creating drawers in the new space along the top. It looks so much better having all the counters at the same height. There were three different countries heights in there!

The flooring guy was here. He will be able to fix the crack in the living room concrete floor so it is level enough for installation of laminate. That was good news. I didn't want to constantly be cleaning oak tree debris and burrs out of carpeting in that room. One door leads to the garage so all kinds of grunge comes in that way. The slider leads to the back deck where the oaks rein leaves, twigs, acorns, and lichen 24/7. The old carpet was full of burrs from the clover. Laminate with an area rug in the middle is the best way to go.

The bad news is we found out that we will probably have to stay here in the motor home another two to three weeks. that is as soon as the flooring guy can get our job scheduled. Yikes!

I think demo will be done on my bathroom today and maybe some does will
Just curious, what temp is cold there? Sorry to hear about your extended motor home stay, it sounds as though the rest of the remodel is moving along at a nice pace.

Quote: 80 proof vodka freezes at -16.51*F. All alcohol will freeze,100% ethanol freezes at approx, -175*F. So depending on the ethanol to water ratio in the liquor it will freeze between 32*F and -175*F. A deep freezer/chest freezer temp is usually between -10*F and -20*F, so your liquor could freeze or become slushy.. An everyday freezer is set at about 0*F, so your liquor should be safe there.

0.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious, what temp is cold there? Sorry to hear about your extended motor home stay, it sounds as though the rest of the remodel is moving along at a nice pace.

80 proof vodka freezes at -16.51*F. All alcohol will freeze,100% ethanol freezes at approx, -175*F. So depending on the ethanol to water ratio in the liquor it will freeze between 32*F and -175*F. A deep freezer/chest freezer temp is usually between -10*F and -20*F, so your liquor could freeze or become slushy.. An everyday freezer is set at about 0*F, so your liquor should be safe there.

0.jpg
Great information!

If your freezer is below 0F, adjust it to 0 or even 5 or 10.

It is an energy waste and will not do any good for preserving the food.

Just curious, what temp is cold there? Sorry to hear about your extended motor home stay, it sounds as though the rest of the remodel is moving along at a nice pace. 80 proof vodka freezes at -16.51*F. All alcohol will freeze,100% ethanol freezes at approx, -175*F. So depending on the ethanol to water ratio in the liquor it will freeze between 32*F and -175*F. A deep freezer/chest freezer temp is usually between -10*F and -20*F, so your liquor could freeze or become slushy.. An everyday freezer is set at about 0*F, so your liquor should be safe there.
Yes, I understand that all alcohol will freeze. Just not in your standard kitchen freezer. Guess I should have stated myself more clearly.

Back
Top Bottom