Step-by-Step Tube Feeding Guide - Pictures - Under construction

@casportpony How often to tube feed? The first post says "3ml per 100gms up to every six hours for adults". Does that mean more frequently than every 6 hours, or less frequently? How long does it take for a normal crop to completely empty?

@casportpony How often to tube feed? The first post says "3ml per 100gms up to every six hours for adults". Does that mean more frequently than every 6 hours, or less frequently? How long does it take for a normal crop to completely empty?
Are you tubing an adult or young bird? Tell me what's going on with the bird.

She is one I would tube just fluids to. I would give her 14 ml per pound, and repeat in 60-90 minutes, then once more in two hours. Are you still in San Jose?

She is one I would tube just fluids to. I would give her 14 ml per pound, and repeat in 60-90 minutes, then once more in two hours. Are you still in San Jose?
I just tubed 35 ml water. That was the biggest syringe I have, but next time I will try to use two syringes.

Should I add rooster booster or parrot feed to the water? She is not underweight, but I don't know how long she can go without food.

another 55 ml water down the hatch. I might not be able to do the next tubing for another 5 hours. Is it bad to wait that long?

Back
Top Bottom