Sterilizing used kennels

Quatie

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Oct 16, 2020
Northern California
I am picking up some used metal kennels today. They were used for housing gamefowl. I want to sterilize and clean them up before using them for my ducks. I tried looking this up and all I could find was was with soap and water. Is the best way just soap and water or is there a better way of going about that?

I use a disinfectant called Tek-Trol. Just mix with water and put it in a sprayer and spray everything down very user friendly. It kills just about everything you would encounter. I use it to clean my waterers/Feeders, Incubators, brooders. poultry buildings/coops and anything else that would need disinfected. Can even use as a foot bath before entering coops or runs. There are different types out there, but this works very well for me. Can also be used to disinfect/clean eggs for incubating but I never clean my eggs for incubating just choose clean eggs and leave natural protective bloom on eggs.
1643576984971.png

Last edited:
I use a disinfectant called Tek-Trol. Just mix with water and put it in a sprayer and spray everything down very user friendly. It kills just about everything you would encounter. I use it to clean my waterers/Feeders, Incubators, brooders. poultry buildings/coops and anything else that would need disinfected. Can even use as a foot bath before entering coops or runs. There are different types out there, but this works very well for me. Can also be used to disinfect/clean eggs for incubating but I never clean my eggs for incubating just choose clean eggs and leave natural protective bloom on eggs. View attachment 2978078
Awesome! That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

I use a disinfectant called Tek-Trol. Just mix with water and put it in a sprayer and spray everything down very user friendly. It kills just about everything you would encounter. I use it to clean my waterers/Feeders, Incubators, brooders. poultry buildings/coops and anything else that would need disinfected. Can even use as a foot bath before entering coops or runs. There are different types out there, but this works very well for me. Can also be used to disinfect/clean eggs for incubating but I never clean my eggs for incubating just choose clean eggs and leave natural protective bloom on eggs. View attachment 2978078
And of course it doesn't ship to CA :he . I may end up using bleach if I can't come up with something better.

Back
Top Bottom