STERLING IS MEAN!!!

Roxannemc

Songster
7 Years
Mar 30, 2012
SE Missouri
MY essential Lavender Orp Roo Sterling is getting mean
Pecks me if i reach in and try and feed them .. runs into the coop to peck my hand when i reach in the nest boxes.Id think he was just protective which i gues he is...But If he gets out he will attack me from the back and peck my leg
I have tried to swing at him...put my arms out like wings flapped and walked fast towards him hit at him
.What else can i do to keep him way AND GIVE HIM SOME HUMILITY?

.Freezer camp isnt an option right now as i need him. to fertilize . But hed fall down dead of shock if he could understand the cuss words thrown his way when he pecks me when im feeding them or giving them water UNGRATEFUL!

MY essential Lavender Orp Roo Sterling is getting mean
Pecks me if i reach in and try and feed them .. runs into the coop to peck my hand when i reach in the nest boxes.Id think he was just protective which i gues he is...But If he gets out he will attack me from the back and peck my leg
I have tried to swing at him...put my arms out like wings flapped and walked fast towards him hit at him
.What else can i do to keep him way AND GIVE HIM SOME HUMILITY?

.Freezer camp isnt an option right now as i need him. to fertilize . But hed fall down dead of shock if he could understand the cuss words thrown his way when he pecks me when im feeding them or giving them water UNGRATEFUL!
Possibly he sees you as another chicken a threat to his flock. Your not helping matters by flapping your wings. Mine would sneak up behind you and spur you. In general they are cowards stare him down and chase after him. I cornered mine in the coop and just beat the hell out of him with small branch. He was good to go for about a month then!!! The same ritual. He won't even come near me now been about three months .

Back
Top Bottom