Sticky Chicks afterr hatching!!!!!! they are stucked together and cant move...!!!! WHAT DO I DO!!!!!

lacasapollo2013

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 23, 2013
Chicks are hatched out and they are sticking to each-other!!! idk what to do??? should i wash them off and put them back in the bator to dry off??? i have 6 that are that way....had 18 and 16 hatched....2 died in the egg!!! what could i do to prevent this from happen thanks up front for any info!!!

I wouldn't wash anyone unless all the eggs are hatched.

And if you wash them, just use a damp paper towel or something. Don't put them under running water or anything like that. :)

It sounds like something is up with your humidity, but i haven't had this particular problem personally, so i can't say for sure what might have caused this.

Beth

never heard anything like this before, but sounds like you had a problem with humidity.
i would try to seperate them with a warm wet Q-tip and put them back in the incubator or under a warming lamp
if you open the incubator, be sure to spray some warm water inside to keep the humidity up for the others wich are still hatching

Back
Top Bottom