Still a pullet? 6 w EE comb changes

IvyBeans

Songster
May 22, 2023
Seattle suburbs
My black, white, brown Easter egger has had the color and shape of her comb change this week. It’s pinker and I think it looks like a modified pea comb now? Or still straight comb? I hope she’s still a pullet!

My two Easter eggers lead the pack and they came just terrified of everything. I think it’s making the other birds scared of us. Not sure I would use Mt Healthy for Easter eggers again, or maybe it’s just a fluke? Or maybe Easter eggers are all skittish? The presumed cockerel brother is downright terrible. Not sure he’s worth rehoming or growing out. He’s mean to the other chickens and acts like the world is ending when we get near, unless we have treats, then he shoves everyone else out of the way.

Attachments

• IMG_3862.jpeg
    IMG_3862.jpeg
    732.6 KB · Views: 94
Pullet
I think you have a few weeks before we know 100%, some of the color worries me, but right now I see a Pullet, hopefully others will chime in who have more experience, but I can tell you our EEs from McMurray are all sweet, a couple are fighting for lead Pullet/Hen but are extremely docile.

Pullet
I think you have a few weeks before we know 100%, some of the color worries me, but right now I see a Pullet, hopefully others will chime in who have more experience, but I can tell you our EEs from McMurray are all sweet, a couple are fighting for lead Pullet/Hen but are extremely docile.
Do you have the traditional Easter eggers or whiting true blue or green?

We have traditional, and a Starlite Green Egger, 6 total this round, we've had others as well from other hatcheries too, all have been super sweet, some of our most favorite breeds.

We have traditional, and a Starlite Green Egger, 6 total this round, we've had others as well from other hatcheries too, all have been super sweet, some of our most favorite breeds.
I’ve thought about going with McMurray next time because I want to try their whiting true blues and greens. The order minimum is a bit too much for me, but I could sell what I don’t want and cherry pick so I’m thinking it over. Also thinking about getting Cackle’s city special.

I normally order from Meyers but they were out of everything, they are closer to me and I get my chickies quicker! All the EE's from McMurray though have been great so far, all different colors and just lovely birds. Our next group will consist of EE Frizzles and Speckled Sussex to add to our flock.

Back
Top Bottom