Still confused about our small he/she muscovy

Duckadia

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 23, 2012
Narrabri, AUS
We have a duck who is a hermaphrodite. Well I think so anyway, he/she is not much bigger than a female, sits on eggs, but has a weenie. My other half on the other hand thinks he/she is just a very very small he. Has anyone else had experience with a very small muscovy drake?

I'll try to get a picture of he/she later on today.

This is the best photo I could get sorry. Math is the he/she in question (the white one) next to the lovely Conrad Percival. Math is definitely old enough to have the full red carruncles like conrad but he seems to only look like a girl. He has big feet as you can see, but he is very small compared to a normal sized boy

wow, pretty cool, definaltey looks female to me. does it lay its own eggs or just sit on others? does it mate with females?

It sure looks like a hen to me. That is very weird. You say you have seen the male bits on it right. If that is the case I have never seen anything like it,. Can you get a picture with it's tail?

Not sure if it's laying it's own eggs, but definitely sitting on some. Ive definitely seen its weenie as it mated with one of our girls, but it also let's out other boys mate with it too. When I get home from work I'll get a full picture.

wow, that is so weird. I have seen some of my muscovey girls act like they were mating other females (a dominance thing) but they definately don't have a weenie.

Last edited:
Ok to me the tail still looks female but from that angle of the photo the size looks male. Think i am still as confused as you on this one. I would still guess female but maybe you just do have as you say a he/she.

Back
Top Bottom