Still early but would you guess a roo?

junior67

Free Ranging
Jan 29, 2021
MA
so my babies are just under 4 weeks and I am suspecting that 1 of my blue cochins is a roo. :( It is one of the friendlier chicks noticed yesterday that the comb was looking pretty pink, seemed a bit more "orange" today but not pale like the others, has a hint of waddle unlike my other blue cochin that has none, slower growing tail feathers but it was the one that started to feather first and has more back feathers than the other one has. But the one in question has what I think are thinner feathers. What do you think??? not the best picture but both are pictured here. The one on the right when looking at the pic is the one I think is a roo.

Attachments

• Ditzy and Itzy 2  3.75 weeks.jpg
    Ditzy and Itzy 2 3.75 weeks.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 27
  • Ditzy and Itzy 3.75 weeks.jpg
    Ditzy and Itzy 3.75 weeks.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 23
well shoot that is what I was thinking but was hoping there was a chance that they were both pullets. :( We can't keep a roo and it is one of my favs. :(
Agree on that!! Our roo was really friendly up until...well up until he showed up crowing one day. Now he has never been the same. I agree with the others

Attachments

• 1F4B8C04-9DA6-4DBB-AD87-39EAB1586D44.jpeg
    1F4B8C04-9DA6-4DBB-AD87-39EAB1586D44.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 23
Sorry, I have to agree, looks like one of each. Cockerel chicks always seem to be the friendliest.🙂
Can you get a clear side view of the face? Should be able to see wattles now as well.
the wattle just started to appear yesterday. so I was pretty sure it was a roo but was really hoping not.

Back
Top Bottom