Still guessing what breed....any ideas?

Quote:
I thought they were Hamburgs...they're pretty--was hoping they were EE's though
sad.png
-- Oh well, love them anyways
smile.png
-- The top one does have leg feathering....but is sooooooooo slow to get it's feathers!! All our other chicks have theirs now--but her!! The white and black ones behind the funky one in pic/ #1 do have leg feathering too..they're really pretty
smile.png
! -- Their down was really black, I was surprised that they were turning out to be so white
smile.png
!! they're really pretty hens--Can't wait to see them all grown up
smile.png
!

The feather footed ones might be both light and dark brahmas..
The one brown and golden hen looks like a phoenix.
the speckled looks like a golden laced wyandotte and the blue legged ones do look like hamburgs...

Quote:
A phoenix would be cool
smile.png
-- What color eggs do they lay?? I'd wondered too about the golden laced wyandotte
smile.png
-- hmmmmmm...!!

The one with feathers on the legs is a dark brahma.
Silver lyced Wyandottes is the white and black ones.
Brown leghorn for the brown one.
And either a dark cornish or a sussex for the last one. That one has me a little stumped too. So don't quote me.

Last edited:
the second pic is silver spangled hamburgs. they lay white eggs. on the one that as you stumped...i have a hen that has those markings and muffs off the side of her face. i just call her a green egger, because I do not know what her breed is, but she lays green eggs. but there is another kind that has those markings but lays brown eggs. I can't think of the name of the breed right off the top of my head. i'm not too sure about the others though. i'm still learning too.

Last edited:
Sounds good...I wondered too about the Cornish in the rainbow layers asst. hmmmmm---who knows?? Thanks for the help in deciphering what we have
smile.png
-- Love them none the less, but half the fun is figuring out what they are
smile.png
! --One more question--what's the difference between a Buff orphington and a Buff Rock?? We've got one or the other--just one
smile.png
-- but she is the sweetest little thing
smile.png
!! Kids named her 'buffy' -- real creative I know
smile.png
-- Just wondered what the difference was between the two breeds
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom