Still looking for someone to decrow my one roosters

I feel so bad. I can tell you love him a lot. Sorry you have to go through this. Proper integration just means keeping the chickens separate from each other so they can 'see but not touch' until they get used to each other. I can see that there is some misunderstanding going on in this thread, don't be upset. The people here care about your rooster.

Maybe you can try to find someone more knowledgeable who would be willing to take him in. Maybe someone here would take him.
My dad already said we’re not giving him away again.

My dad already said we’re not giving him away again.
Have you tried to talk to your neighbors, explain that you ended up with a rooster who you can't seem to find a home for? I live in a rural type neighborhood. Most of my neighbors are my family, but the ones who aren't, don't mind my roosters. As long as they don't go dig in their flower beds. Maybe that will save you the trouble, tell them you can compensate with fresh eggs

Decrowing is expensive-$400 to $600.
It is extremely complicated and. dangerous, most birds don't survive-and you would still have a vet bill to pay. Most vets do not perform it. Its controversial and the ones that do, don't advertise.
I would look for a vet college and see if they have a class learning surgery etc and see if they could possibly take your rooster to practice on. Might be cheaper Try that.

Last edited:
Wdym what’s best for me his head is still bleeding from when we picked him up yesterday from his 6th roosters rescue and to mind you he’s also been to a place where they only have hens and they beat him up to and what me and my dad want to do with our chickens is not as a worse as choking them with a collar if your not gonna help then don’t comment.
They probably beat him up because he's not integrated prpperly. Proper integration takes a few weeks. You can't just put a male with females

Wdym what’s best for me his head is still bleeding from when we picked him up yesterday from his 6th roosters rescue and to mind you he’s also been to a place where they only have hens and they beat him up to and what me and my dad want to do with our chickens is not as a worse as choking them with a collar if your not gonna help then don’t comment.

They obviously didn't integrate him very well. I assume they probably just tossed him in the yard and left him alone. That's not the proper way to integrate new chickens, and it's no surprise that he got beat up.
There are many knowledgeable people on here who would take great care of your rooster. I'm sure you could find someone who would take him.
Or, you could go to your neighbors and ask if they would allow a rooster.
I'm sorry if my post offended you. I did not know that you already tried to rehome him and it failed. But, I still don't think decrowing is the right thing to do. The surgery is incredibly dangerous, and expensive. There are other solutions to your problem that are a lot less harmful to your rooster.

Decrypting is expensive-$400 to $600.
It is extremely complicated and. dangerous, most birds don't survive-and you would still have a vet bill to pay. Most vets do not perform it. Its controversial and the ones that do, don't advertise.
I would look for a vet college and see if they have a class learning surgery etc and see if they could possibly take your rooster to practice on. Might be cheaper Try that.
Money is definitely not a problem

They obviously didn't integrate him very well. I assume they probably just tossed him in the yard and left him alone. That's not the proper way to integrate new chickens, and it's no surprise that he got beat up.
There are many knowledgeable people on here who would take great care of your rooster. I'm sure you could find someone who would take him.
Or, you could go to your neighbors and ask if they would allow a rooster.
I'm sorry if my post offended you. I did not know that you already tried to rehome him and it failed. But, I still don't think decrowing is the right thing to do. The surgery is incredibly dangerous, and expensive. There are other solutions to your problem that are a lot less harmful to your rooster.
We know it’s expensive money is not a problem and my dad already said he’s not giving him away

Whyyyyyy....

Is this even possible?

Buy a no crow collar as a last resort, or make one yourself.
I have a no crow collar on my rooster now and I have even tightened it a little tighter than what they suggested and it does not make a difference. He still runs around playful eating and crowing

Back
Top Bottom