Still picking tomatoes?

We still have tomatoes growing and ripening too, but we put all ours in those horse "molasses" barrels this year. Tried digging up and saving the habernero peppers but that isn't working out. I now have winter wheat sprouting in my garden. Lets hope the chickens don't notice.

Quote:
I'm tellinggggggggggggggggggg1

BTW, fixing to post a video of Dragon and Harley for you on FB.

I will be waiting - cleaning house and checking back in on FB and here between little "tasks".

Quote:
I'm tellinggggggggggggggggggg1

BTW, fixing to post a video of Dragon and Harley for you on FB.

I will be waiting - cleaning house and checking back in on FB and here between little "tasks".

Well, I already announced what I'm doing today. Absolutely, positively nothing! except trying to get this video loaded to my puter.

Well, another first for Sourland. Not many of those left for me.
old.gif
I just picked tomatoes in a snowstorm.
ep.gif
We still have not had a frost, but are supposed to get between 4" and 12" of snow today/tonight. I brought the last dozen or so 'big ones' into the house and left many smaller ones on the plants. Plants are in the flower beds right up against the house so are somewhat protected. Somewhat rednecky? Yep, and proud to be bred, born, and raised a Yankee redneck.

We're still getting tomatoes, a few different kinds of peppers, and a few other gifts from our garden. We also have little tomato plants sprouting up wherever we had the portable chicken pen and gave them treats.
lol.png
Some potatoes we missed are doing really well, so we hope to get a second crop. We haven't had any frost yet, thankfully.

Read this thread about pork roll and tomato sandwhich and went right out and bought a Taylor Pork roll. Just fantastic. Sourland does have some very good ideas when it comes to food. Here we do not grow anything in the summer as it is too hot. Began my planting with seeds in August and Sept but kept them in Ac until late Sept when I began putting them in the ground. Planted Sun Sugar, Yellow pear, Brandywine Pink and Brandywine Black, Heirloom beefsteaks, Mortgage Lifter, Chocolate Heirloom cherry and Golden jubilee. Just beginning to get a few from the first ones planted and expect to be able to harvest everyday right up until Christmas or the first hard frost, whichever comes first.

Capvin, Golden Jubilee was my best producer folllowed by Goldie, Cherokee,Tigerella,Janne Flamme, Zapotee - realy odd shape/pink/very tart. Failures were Big Zebra, Egg yolk, and Pineapple. I've been eating BLT and pork roll and tomatoe sandwiches all summer and probably will continue to do so for the next couple of weeks.

I have been picking Tommy Toes that I didnt even plant! They just volunteer in the garden and I found them while picking the last of the bell pepper.
I had gotten bored picking and was thinking it would frost soon, and then more tomatoes. My gourd vines are still flourishing so I know we havent has any frost here.It is pretty cold here so if the wind dies tonight may be the night.

Back
Top Bottom