Still Sickly

mochicken

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
NW Missouri
I had this little bantam that is supposed to be 5-7 weeks old, it was acting lethargic and fluffed up all the time and the other bantams were taking advantage of that and plucking the poor thing bald so I brought it inside. I have been treating it for 4 days with Corid for coccidia and it doesnt seem to be improving much, still sleeps all the time, it is getting up and moving around a bit more and eating and drinking more but its still sleeping all the time. My concern is that its been two weeks since I brought it out of the pen with the other bantams and its still pretty bald, its gotten some feathers instead of fuzz but im not sure if its just really sickly so it wont get better or what. I have no problem "putting it to sleep" myself if thats a better plan but I wanted to help it get well but it just doesnt seem to be getting better.

All the thing does is sleep most of the time and when its awake its peeping and screeching and trying to get the other chick in with it to keep it warm, like I said they have been treated for days in a 5 day treatment plan and the other chick has made a 100% turn around and is acting healthy and fine.

img3089b.jpg

img3090uy.jpg

Not sure what it was but the lil girl lost her fight with the illness today. After she died I checked her stomach and intestines for sores or blood and there was not any there. I am not sure what her problem was but apparently the cocci was not her biggest problem. She was acting cocci like and perked up after the initial corid treatment but she never got strong enough and was weak. I tried vitamins in the water, sugar water, powdered milk, and the corid and nothing helped. I feel really bad but obviously there was nothing in my head left to try so she died.

It sucks and as stupid as it is to say it I think she is better off, she was always peeping and trying to get the other chick in isolation to cuddle with her to keep her warm, I hate to lose a chick but I have been trying to save her and probably neglecting the others a bit by not spoiling them
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom