Still waiting

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by fowlmood, May 30, 2011.

1. fowlmood

fowlmood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    northern Michigan
    I'm still waiting for my peahen to lay this year. Last year was her first year to lay. She had about 5 or six eggs. My male wasn't quite old enough so I was thinking this year the two would get together and I might get some eggs to incubate. Now I have a male who is displaying like crazy and a hen who isn't producing. [​IMG] They sure call back and forth a lot. (All night long). I'm hoping that since we've had such a cold spring here she is just running a little late. She started the middle of May last year so I keep checking, thinking "today's the day"! I see no evidence that anything is getting in and stealing the eggs although that's a possibility. As I've said before, peas are a lesson in patience. I guess I'm still learning. [​IMG]

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    My hen's not laying either nor are any in my area from what i undestand from talking to folks so ya aint alone [​IMG]
    I am still learning to but i got lots of patience cause im older. [​IMG]
    Hang in there. [​IMG]

3. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    Mine isn't laying either... So we are all in the same boat!

4. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Mine isn't either... though with both being two last year, I did get one baby!

5. fowlmood

fowlmood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    northern Michigan
    Oh good. It's not just me. Thanks for boating with me everyone! [​IMG]

6. DMFarm

DMFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Winona Tx
    I still have several hens that have not layed a egg this year. I have a 4 year old burmess male with two hens only one has layed and the male started dropping his tail. I guess the weather has the birds mess up. I have talked to other breeders and they are having the same problems

7. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    I am getting eggs but as DMfarms said I am pretty sure they are not all laying yet. The weather has been bizarre this year. In Ohio there has been way to much rain! Hope they all come around or it will be a tough peafowl breeding year. Good luck everyone

8. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Mine layed one egg from the rafters in the barn and it broke. Nothing since.

9. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    I am still waiting too [​IMG]

10. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    we have got around 8 from our sp but none from our white yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by