Stolen Horse--Man is BACK in jail!

Quote:
Thankyou for being here! I actually came across Netposse.com this evening, and was thinking about whether you could help here. I think this is making us all very angry about what's happened here.

Yes, and a lot of us own horses too, so we are pretty emotionally and, I would say, financially invested in this in a way. What happens here can set precedent for what happens to others later. If the word gets out that people can have recourse, this will become less likely to happen.

What really bugs me is that horse theft is still on the books in some states as a hanging offense...I would be curious if it still were in
states of the Old West such as Oklahoma!

PERFECT!! We can gather enough people from BYC for the biggest posse ever seen!

We have been helping people since we helped ourselves find our own horse in 1997. I travel the country teaching people how to keep their horses safe from situations like you are in right now. Afterwards we do all we can to unearth a hidden horse in the civil situations that we represent. You can continue to work on your own on a small scale or if you like you can file with us where we can put your info on a site that gets millions of hits each year, feature your horse in its on personal alert that goes to thousands, make the flyer that is recognized as a legitimate concern by many in the horse industry that know our work and give you more help than you can possible know from kind strangers who care. We can't guarantee that we can find Max. However, we can guarantee that the exposure you will get for Max is second to none. Plus, you will have a home on the net, a link to send complete with pictures and the flyer anyone in the world can print from your webpage.

I hope you will let us try to help. File a report on Max with at www.netposse.org. Google us and research the work we do by using these keywords: netposse, stolen horse international, debi metcalfe.

We are here to help victims of theft, both criminally and civilly (with cases that qualify). I am off now to the Horse World Expo in PA where I have a booth. Usually I am one of the clinicians/speakers at the events but this time I am doing a booth in which I will be signing up new NetPosse members who help look for the missing horses. I hope everyone here will go to the site at netposse.com and sign up for our newsletter and alerts. We will need all the eyes we can get to find Max.

Debi

I just found this thread. Max is GORGEOUS!!! You are handling this much better than I would. I have 11 horses and can't imagine having anyone do this. Your justice locals sound like ours. Have you built a website about Max? Maybe that would help. I don't know about your laws. But KY law requires that a horse have a coggins test before you transport the horse and our horse auctions won't unload a horse that hasn't had one. Maybe some of the local vets have seen him and can help.

I was reading about going to the tax office for addresses to properties. You might use www.anywho.com to look up the people's phone numbers and addresses. Always take a camera, cell phone and notebook with you and if possible someone to be your witness, since it looks like you are going to have to do the sheriff's job.

I will keep my eyes open here. I will print off Max's pic and give it to the auctioneers here. One of our local auctioneers travels out west to do horse auctions. I will give it to him personally.

Hugs and prayers to you!!

I didn't get to read thru the whole thread but do have a suggestion. In AR we have a news channel that does bits they call 7 on your side. Basicly, if a person has a beef they can have it aired in the news and the outcome is also reported. I bet threat of having the story aired would help.

Sorry this is happening to you.

My opinion at this juncture: NetPosse helping out. It sounds like they have some access to legal help and inroads that are hard to get at otherwise. I agree with whoever mentioned the vet, because it was one of our vets here who helped me locate the horse I helped someone recover, but RoPo has already said that their vet there is unwilling to get involved. I know just how tough it can be, having helped someone with a three year struggle myself. It might bear repeating though after a little bit...go back and ask again. I know it helped in our case, because the vet had never seen the horse the first time I asked but the second time I asked, he had. We were dealing with a rather different situation though...the people who had the horse didn't want him anymore and so they were willing to make contact when the vet called them. We weren't dealing with so many openly hostile variables, just people who didn't really want involved.

It sounds like NetPosse could really help turn up the heat on this. Who knows, they might even have someone local in their network that could help. I really wish there was more I could do or say, but there isn't...my thoughts are on this every day. Wish I knew someone in OK that could help, but I don't believe I know anyone from our breed association over there that I could even contact.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, RoPo, so you'll have to forgive me if I am being repetitive, but have you flagged his papers with the registering organization? Sent them a "stolen horse" flyer, just in the event of whatever?

Back
Top Bottom